Survival Shelter And Smoking In The Woods

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Gosk8, May 2, 2014.

1. I need some good ideas for my lean to in the woods. I wish i had a picture. It's the usually lean to, good size out in the middle of the woods we use to relax and toke. I made a fire pit that goes below ground 6 inches then I salvaged some old bricks in the woods and stacked them up around the pit. I made a bird feeder out of some recycled 2 liter bottle. Haven't gotten any luck with birds yet. I also got 2 salt licks I'm going to put out to attract deer. Any bones we find (so far antlers and a vertebrae) we hang them on a rope on the shelter. I did make a purchase on a hammock.

So any ideas?

Going out there at when the sunsets and starts to get way dark and your high starts to peak is a freaky experience. Bugs come out, visibility weakens, shits moving in the leaves.

2. Throw some plants out there maybe.

3. A tarp is all you need.
    Or be a man about it and build a wigwam.

4. Wigwam looks sick. I've tried making one already but my woods does not have cordage or vines. Has to be all natural. And I already threw seeds out there!

5. There's a lot of ways to build shelter

In my old town, there was a place called the pot spot. It was simply a cesspool encampment but had natural cover on all sides and someone dug a bench with a shovel on a hillside.

Unless its your private property I wouldn't do that.

Or you could use small dead branches about 6 feet long each. Tie them with paracord, agave, old extension cords whatever you deem fit.

After you could use leaves or branches with leaves on top to make an emergency shelter.

Only thing is you have to worry about snakes then