Survival in the wilderness

Discussion in 'General' started by StickyIkyMarley, Mar 18, 2011.

1. For reasons i'm going to keep private (for my friends sake who is joining me) i'm planning on going up north to start living by my own means in the wilderness, i'm not sure if i'm going to leave with him yet but I would like to know what to bring for a 3+ month journey in the Michigan wilderness. I'm planning to grow to my own food/herb and i've been gardening for years so thats not much of a problem but in the mean time what should I bring?

2. idk what you should bring but i just wanna say good luck and don't die.......i'd love to do that someday :wave:

3. A phone so you can call someone to get your ass out of there

4. Honestly man if you have to ask us what you should bring then you are not ready for this

I guess some extra underwear and socks would be a good idea

5. I would definitely wait until the summer lol..I live in Cali and I'm freezing my ass off right now. I used to live in Michigan and it snows in the winter, so I bet it would be cold as hell especially at night, until summer.

Also, yeah if you're asking us what to bring you're definitely not ready..nature is not to be fucked with.

6. If you have to ask a forum what to bring you wont survive

7. If you're asking bud you definitely are not ready..

8. I assume you're talking about the UP?

9. A video camera and a laptop so we can watch you fail.

I'll rep you.

I promise.

10. Agreed if you're asking here you will not survive. It's not as simple as you think.

11. What the last nine people said...

12. Are you staying in a cabin or are are you taking the Hatchet/my side of the mountain route?

13. can i come....im down...i got some white widow seeds and some diesel ryder autoflower feminized seeds for herbs...im a outdoorist...good at fishing and hunting...kinda like macguyver and i am fuckin down to go if you need another brain...but i would probbly end up staying there and posting up

14. but not in michigan mother fuckin VA like rockbridge county or something...mad trout fishing and tons of wildlife

15. Make sure you bring a journal,

That way when you die we can read another shity book Like "Alone in the wilderness",By some asshat from the city that tried to come out to the woods and died !

I was born and raised in Alaska and every year some dipshit die's in the woods.

22 years in Alaska and every summer my pops or a family friend would teach us about wilderness survival.

Some years My Great Great grand pa would take us out and teach us Old School Shit about the woods
    .Like how to make an egg last for 4 months without going bad.Or how to make traps with stuff you find in the woods.

It aint something to mess with.

Good luck though:wave:

16. Make sure to bring a fleshlight.

17. Bring a helmet because the idea sounds retarded to me.

18. so you want to just "survive" in the wilderness with no shelter of any kind? Dude just moving off the grid is hard enough...you'll die with no shelter and no skills....plus there will be no GC out there ;)

19. I find it odd that someone planning on a successful trip like this, would be asking us for the info instead of maybe a survivalist forum. Thats just me tho..

20. teach me