Survival horror/horror games

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by MangledChipmunk, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Anyone a fan of these types of games?

Some of my favorite one's are.

Silent Hill series.
    Amnesia.
    Grey.
    Resident Evil series.

I wish more games like this came out of everywhere but there seems to be barely any left and if they do come out they're made by some dev that has no idea what survival horror is or an indie dev.

2. ever play manhunt?

3. resident evils prettyy good

4. Not a lot of people have heard of this, it's a mod for Half Life 1, called "Cry of Fear"
    It won mod of the year in 2011 and most things usually don't geek me out,
    but this game takes the fucking cake for jump factor and frantically trying to stay alive:laughing:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8rMJ27_Bv4]Cry of Fear - 7 min gameplay - YouTube[/ame]

5. I liked system shock and f.e.a.r(more of an fps but oh well)

6. F.E.A.R was still pretty scary nonetheless. The last 20 minutes or so of the first game actually made me piss my pants when I got to that point in the game.

I'd say Dead Space 1 and 2 are also pretty damn scary. Hell, Doom scared the shit out of me back in high school.

7. Ditto on the silent hill and of course my favorite resident evil, RE:3 nemisis being my favorite of all time cause it gave me such an adrenaline rush playing as a kid.

8. Silent Hill is my favourite game series, the first two games are masterpieces... and I even like the lesser entries in the series to some extent

I would recommended Condemned, it's a good first person survival horror game. The department store and the school are the creepiest parts imo. Getting baked and playing that game at like 3am with headphones and the volume up a fair bit is pretty unnerving haha.

I'm playing the sequel at the moment and it's good too but less of a survival horror game than the first one.

Siren/Forbidden Siren series is cool (i've only played the 2nd one though) but really hard and i just gave up on it at some point. Also Fatal Frame aka Project Zero is awesome