Survival Diet

Discussion in 'General' started by tackthecack, Oct 12, 2012.

1. So yeah im a fucking idiot and spent like 150 quid in my first week at uni......didnt even buy any weed lol....too much beer. Anyhow that left me with 50 to live until the end of the month. I bought
    3 kilos of rice
    1 kilo of flour
    2 kilos of pasta
    roughly 10 tins of baked beans/equivolents
    lots and lots of lambs liver.....like 1 quid for 3 meals worth
    eggs
    mince
    this came to something like 15-20
    so yeah im gonna try and live off of that till the end of the month. iv got lots of condiments and shit that i brought. Am i safe to spend the rest of my money on tall cans and live off this? safe GC

2. Man, what the fuck did you get a kilo of flour for?!? Ain't no needing wasting time cooking up cakes and shit.

Cook the shit out of that mince and pasta, get a big ol' spaghetti bolognese going and FREEZE THAT SHIT. That's a weeksworth there-ish. Liver and rice. Liver and rice. Liver and rice. Then - when shit starts to run out, rice&beans is a good filler. Fuck me actually it's so good... I could go for some of that shit right now.

Then get some butter and make some fairy cakes with the eggs & flour or something fancy like that for snacking.

Andddddd, you should be good. Grab some cheap bread and toast that shit man. Toast everyday was my motto. Wake&Toast I used to call it.

3. "ain't no needing wasting time cooking up cakes and shit"

"make some fairy cakes"

actually the flour was gonna be for making my own bread.....at 52p for a kilo i thought it was worth a punt

4. Don't you need yeast for bread?

5. self raising flour my friend

6. My diet when in university with -100 dollars was:
    Bananas
    Apples
    Rice
    Potatoes
    Trail mix
    Tuna

7. [quote name='"tackthecack"']

self raising flour my friend[/quote]

Ahhh touche

8. Ahhhh. One step ahead of the game! I stand corrected. Well played my friend. Well played.

9. Eat lots of nuts. I know you don't want pre-packaged, but seeing as you have to carry everything, have you had a look at military style ration packs? MRE's taste great (well, I think they do!), aren't that heavy to carry, and contain all your basic (read there, BASIC) dietary needs.

10. Dude wtf, he's not going trekking to assassinate Osama's cousins?

11. I just got an old Mac 'N' Cheese box out, heated that pasta up in the microwave, mixed in some ketchup, mustard, lemon & pepper salt, some seasoning shit, fucking... onion powder and a bit of garlic. That was so good!

12. Oh and by the way, OP; How to survive forever, for 20c a pack:

[​IMG]

13. Mre's are expensive as shit also.

14. Don't buy MREs lol, I think the poster got mislead by the title. Not survival in the sense of apocolypse/trekking but more so being able survive on a cheap diet