Surround Sound

Discussion in 'General' started by Incredible High, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Hey,

I'm looking into getting a surround sound system for my TV and 360. Only issue I have is what one to get (from best buy canadian) and how would it actually hook up to the 360 or hook up to the TV and 360 so it can also play 5.1 with my 360 games.

Anyone have surround sound setup with their tv and gaming consoles could possibly shed some light on this?

Thanks!:smoking:

2. #2 astro_righteous, Mar 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2010
    you want to look for a receiver and speaker package. i have a yamaha brand that i got from radio shack for like 200 bucks. that was 4 years ago but im sure they have a similar thing still.

but even if its anywhere else just look for a receiver cuz basically the thing receives a bunch of different equipment like my tv and my dvd player, and my 360 and even has slots for more stuff like a PS3 and a wii and an audio only slot for if you bought a wire that goes from the ipod headphone jack to split into the red and white plugs. basically it will be able to do whatever things you want and all you need to do is hit the button on the remote to say what stuff you want to receiver to play.

this is exactly my system. its a yamaha htr-5290.
    [​IMG]
    i dont know if they sell this anymore but this is what you are trying to look for.

it acts like the middleman between my devices and the tv. its kinda awkward to set up just cuz there is so many things to plug in and keep track of, but once you do it then its like muscle memory after that. the setup isnt really too complicated.

and the sub woffer is fucking huge. like 1 foot cubed. so you should definitely have a place for it

but if you cant find that particular model, which i wouldnt be surprised then go to this link and this is the thing thats out right now. its the same kind of thing. http://www.yamaha.com/yec/products/productdetail.html?CNTID=5028493&CTID=5000300

but i dont know if they sell recievers with speakers anymore. thats how i bought mine but its possible to find im sure.

3. ^^^
    QFT'd

Yeah, pretty much what he said covered what I was going to say.

4. Yup, get a good receiver with plenty of inputs and outputs. Then get yourself a speaker package adequate for your needs.