Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

surprise

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by dopey89, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Is it possible to take a seed from a bag of reggie weed, palant it, baby it, and wind up with some dank weed ( I.e. kush, northern lights, etc...)

2. I haven't done it myself, but I would think not. Considering the seed came from a lesser plant will probably have the same properties as what you bought.

3. [quote name='"Necstar"']I haven't done it myself, but I would think not. Considering the seed came from a lesser plant will probably have the same properties as what you bought.[/quote]

I understand your logic but if that's the case what would the "reggie strain" be? Just a generic indica/sativa?

4. Yes, you can however it will take about 2 more growths from the seeds that come off said bag seed plant to reach a high quality bud. You can get northern lights seeds for example and grow Reggie. All seeds have the potential to be dank but being grown shittly makes them Reggie. From a bag seed of Reggie you'll get mids, then from the seeds of the mids youll get some beasters, or low end dank then the seeds from that plant will produce dank. However if you grow the bag seed inside and take very good care of them I'm sure you can get some dank bud but not full on dank ass shit since the seeds have been pressed and been under so many other conditions there quality has lowered. Answer your question?

5. [quote name='"mememantis"']Yes, you can however it will take about 2 more growths from the seeds that come off said bag seed plant to reach a high quality bud. You can get northern lights seeds for example and grow Reggie. All seeds have the potential to be dank but being grown shittly makes them Reggie. From a bag seed of Reggie you'll get mids, then from the seeds of the mids youll get some beasters, or low end dank then the seeds from that plant will produce dank. However if you grow the bag seed inside and take very good care of them I'm sure you can get some dank bud but not full on dank ass shit since the seeds have been pressed and been under so many other conditions there quality has lowered. Answer your question?[/quote]

Makes sence to me

6. Ya, I made my own strain I called steamy dreamy from a bag seed grown 3 times over. Was probably the 3rd darkest weed I've ever smoked. But if you really want to grow bag seed plant as many as you can everywhere around your house, a few of them are bound to grow and as long as a male is within about 75 feet of a female it can pollinate it. However if you want to only pollinate one bud for seeds then kill the male and harvest some of it's baby making shit and smear it on one bud.

7. [quote name='"mememantis"']Ya, I made my own strain I called steamy dreamy from a bag seed grown 3 times over. Was probably the 3rd darkest weed I've ever smoked. But if you really want to grow bag seed plant as many as you can everywhere around your house, a few of them are bound to grow and as long as a male is within about 75 feet of a female it can pollinate it. However if you want to only pollinate one bud for seeds then kill the male and harvest some of it's baby making shit and smear it on one bud.[/quote]

I'm actually currently in my first grow. To make things as simple as possible I purchased a feminized auto flowering seed. As I get more experienced I def want to experiment with bag seeds

8. It's a old idea to do that, bit don't only grow bag seeds because from experience I've learned about 50-75 percent of bag seeds are already crushed and fucked up, and 90 percent of those usually don't grow.

9. You can germinate the seeds that are good for it. You can grow them just as any other plant.
    Their genetics will be pretty much the same as the plant that made the seed. But if you get bud that has seeds in it, the plant has hermied out before harvest. This means you'll get a hermie from that seed.

10. No arthesmic not true, the seeds form in the. Bud regardless, if that was true then every plant would be a hermit, I think. Idk 100% but I think I'm right.

11. If you're not sure, then why do you claim to be right?

Seeds don't form without pollen. Pollen does not appear out of thin air, it comes from balls.
    Male plants grow balls normally, female plants grow balls when they herm out.

12. you could take a seed from some shitty ass shwag and grow the dankest plant you've ever seen. its all how you grow it. just like you could take a seed from a plant with awesome genetics and grow super shitty bud

13. [quote name='"frankenfish"']you take a seed from some shitty ass shwag and grow the dankest plant you've ever seen. its all how you grow it[/quote]

That's what my initial thought was.

14. Naturally. Depends on the grower.

15. Yes, but just because a bud has seeds why would that mean its a hermie. If the plant had balls a d seeds it's a hermie but if it had just seeds in the bud that doesn't mean it's a hermie. That I know for sure.

16. Well yeah if it's ground-up / mixed grows etc.

But if the bud starts growing seeds, it has been pollinated by a male, or it has become a hermie pollinating itself.
    Female plants don't grow seeds, despite the strain genetics.

17. #17 frankenfish, Jun 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2012
    ive had incredible luck germinating bag seeds. keeping the plant alive is another story but i'd say 90% of bag seeds i've tried have in fact germinated. it takes quite a bit of force to crush seeds, ive never gotten one crushed since i've been buying weed, to you must be getting some really packed down brick weed or something

18. Well of course if it grows seeds and no makes are around it's a hermie. Also frankenfish no, I don't buy Reggie to often but most of the time I find at least half are crushed or are just not good, even if a seed isn't crushed you can still tell if it's a bad seed.

19. This is exacly what I was saying in the first place :p

20. Agh, I thought you were saying if a bud has seeds period it's a hermie. I was like lolwut.