Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Surprise swab drug test

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by DFWInsomniac, Apr 18, 2012.

1. So my wife went in for a job interview (which went great!) but instead of referring her to one of those labs that have you pee in a cup, they just did a swab test there on the spot. Within like an hour of going to the interview, she brushed her teeth and used mouthwash as part of getting ready.... does that have ANY chance of helping? We were completely caught off guard and expected her to have to do a urine test sometime in the next few days ><

Thanks in advance

2. I'm pretty sure she'll be fine.

3. Swab tests are highly inaccurate. Sometimes I wonder if they even detect weed at all because I have passed every one I have ever had without any preparation. Maybe they are for hard drugs only? I do know she has good odds of passing though. Let us know how it turns out!

4. Thanks for your input, you two. She's paranoid as hell but you've helped a little :)

5. She'll probably fail the drug test. The people who administered the test will call the cops and she will be arrested and probably go to prison for life. Say goodbye to your wife, bro.

6. Lol win

7. I'm pretty sure swab tests test for if you've smoked recently. They are highly inaccurate and can be beat easily. I'm sure she's good unless she smoked a joint on her way to the interview..

8. If she smoked the last 12 hours or under then its 50-50.

If she smoked the last 14-16 hours or more then she got higher chance of passing.

9. [quote name='"Jokester"']She'll probably fail the drug test. The people who administered the test will call the cops and she will be arrested and probably go to prison for life. Say goodbye to your wife, bro.[/quote]

no... You future ban... your wife will be fine!

10. Providence has smiled on her if she got a "saliva test" in lieu of a "UA". I'm certain she had enough common sense not to use within 1 day of the test, therefore, "below 50 ng".

11. You failed the sense of humor test.

12. lol I would assume more time would yield higher chances of success..

13. #13 Tha Come Up, Apr 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2012
    Yea she straight ,the swab of saliva tests seem to be replacing the urine tests over here.

14. [quote name='"WeaveAndWish"']

lol I would assume more time would yield higher chances of success..[/quote]

Well I've passed the tests after smoking 17 hrs prior.

15. Just an update on the OP. My wife showed minimal traces of thc or whatever they check for. We had smoked the night prior since we weren't expecting a test, so she only had approx 9 hours between the last time she smoked to the time they did the swab.

Thanks to everyone for your input. Everyone's estimates on 12 hours to be safe was probably spot on. Next time we know to expect the unexpected.

16. #16 Yosh139, Apr 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2012
    I think sarcasm was highly implied in his post.

17. So was the minimal traces of mj enough to make her fail?? Just say she eats hemp seeds and that could be the cause. (if she failed)

18. Ouch, I'm sorry bro for your wife not getting the job :( Better luck next time :smoke:

19. i took a saliva test yesterday,i kno i passed .

20. [quote name='"Tha Come Up"']i took a saliva test yesterday,i kno i passed .[/quote]

Grats! Did you duo anything special or just not smoke the day before?