Surgery Tomorrow, Percs After?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by DoseofDopeness, Jun 15, 2009.

1. What up guys

So im going in for surgery tomorrow for what is simply but a ball of excess bone mass attached to my right shoulder blade. When I went in for my pre emission testing I asked the anesthesiologist and the nurse who was doing my blood work seperately what am I supposed to do about the pain afterwards. The nurse specifically said youll probably get percocets afterwards, but the anesthesiologist didnt say anything in particular. How can I be sure that I can get some goodies afterwards and also is there anyway to get them for a little bit longer after the first couple weeks when the pain is "supposed" to be gone?

2. Just take what you get, you'll sound like a junkie otherwise.

3. if you're having surgery (regular surgery, not same day surgery or any "minimally invasive" procedures) you will get either percs or vics, probably percs.
    to get a refill, don't call the doctor three days after surgery to ask for a refill. say if you get 42 percs (three a day for two weeks) then call the doc after the two weeks are up and say it still hurts really bad. what will guarentee your failure is if you call for more after only a couple days to a week.

4. Ya man I was just talkin to my boy about it. He said that to play it safe I should wait like 2-3 weeks until calling the doctor again. How long do you guys think I can play this off for until they know Im just bullshittin?

5. what worked for me, was telling my doc I'm allergic to tylenol (I am)

first he prescribed me 5mg hydro 500mg APAP (I still got the prescription, used it)

AND...5mg oxy!!!!!!

amazing....

6. Yah wtf thats another thing my dude pointed out to me. If they give me tylenol 3 or some shit like that thats just aceteminophen, what do I do about that cause im not allergic to tylenol lol.

7. waitt, is there any way for them to tell them your allergic to tylenol, when im not, and there be a way for them to prove im not? bc why doesnt everyone just say they are allergic to tylenol and get better stuff...like is there a catch?

8. after my surgery (shattered my wrist, needed 4 pins and a titanium plate) i got 15mg pure oxycodone, then down to 10/325 percoset, then 5/325 percoset. i had pills for a total of 12 weeks. perscribed 6-8 a day for the first 3 weeks

9. I hope you didn't take those 5/500 hydrocodones if you're allergic to tylenol :rolleyes:

APAP and tylenol are the same thing.