Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

surgery and weed

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Rosemount, Mar 12, 2013.

1. If anyone has gone through being put under by anesthesia, iv heard that smoking a few days to a week can really fuck you up and not in a good way. Is there any truth to this?

2. Ive heard plenty of stories about that just wait a week when everythings done its not hard

3. i got high in the parking lot before my last surgery. i experienced no ill effects.

4. Thats just stupid... Just wait for gods sake. Anesthesia is a shot in the dark every time, they have no idea if you have have a bad reaction or anything like that, totally not worth getting high dude.

5. I have really bad reactions to anesthesia, got really nauseous and puked the last time I woke up from surgery. Not sure if weed had anything to do with it, but I highly doubt it.

6. Do you mean a few days to a week, after surgery?

The only thing I wouldn't do is smoke right before being put under by anesthesia. Afterwards, why would it matter? The only thing I've ever heard is that the weed doesn't mix well with anesthesia, but after you wake up there should be very little if any anesthesia in your system or else you'd still be under. I've smoked less than an hour after waking up and heavily from then on and I had no problems.

7. Marijuana rarely causes any abnormalities in general anesthesia. It is possible for it to cause tachycardia, ST segment and T wave abnormalities, and ventricular ectopy (PVCs), but this is rare and non-life threatening.

Certain unmentionables can cause a lot of issues regarding anesthesia though (particularly stimulants).

• Like Like x 1
  8. So the replies are basically saying to do what I'm doing, had my last bowl this morning and am done until afterwords on the 20th.

9. At first I was going to question this, but then I remembered what someone I knew in anesthesiology paid in medical malpractice insurance per year.

And I thought I was getting ripped off with my medical, dental, car, and life insurance...

...combined.:eek:

10. Pretty much why you sign wavers for most of it. You just dont fuck around with that shit, it affects everyone differently.

11. I need to have my gallbladder taken out at some point in the near future. I'm gonna go into the hospital with joints rolled up in the cig pack in my pants, and when I wake up from the anesthetic and finish my meal politely inform the Dr. that I have said cannabis, having just had a damn organ removed I deserve to have a bit, and that if he or a staff member won't take me outside to do so I'll light it up in the bathroom of my hospital room.