Surge protector into timer into wall outlet...Question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ShadowMonkey, Dec 18, 2016.

1. I have a good quality Tripp-Lite surge protector which has two fans and a grow light plugged
    into it. I wanted to have the entire surge protector turn on and off based on timer settings.
    The surge protector is plugged into the timer and the timer is plugged into the wall.
    For some reason, when it was suppose to turn on last night, the entire surge protector
    didn't turn on...just part of it. The fan turned on but not the grow light. When I plugged
    the grow light into the wall outlet it turned on fine. Shouldn't I be able to turn the entire
    surge protector off and on if it is plugged into a timer or does it have some special circuit
    that only allows part of it to be turned on? Seems like I should be able to the have the surge
    protector completely turn off and back on if it plugged into timer, turning everything
    plugged into it off and or on all at one time, but this does not seem to be the case. Any thoughts
    on this?