Surfing Tale

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by komatous, Sep 16, 2011.

1. [​IMG]
    Ok so i had a awkward moment about an hour ago, i was busy surfing at my local spot was pristine conditions light winds medium size swell, sun was setting orange pink purple and blue blaaazing across the sky, was most fucking amazing day.

Anyhoo this "large" fellow paddles out and we exchange greetings while we sit waiting for the sets. The set finally arrives (2m basiclly) and i let him take the wave but he misses it so his paddling back with a huge smile of shame cause he missed a very decent wave and im like "Ahh Fat one, you missed it" then paddle off to line myself up for the next wave.

While im paddling back i realize what i said, i felt silly but didnt want to apologize cause it will probably make it worse.. like "Hey man sorry for calling you a fat one, i meant the wave not you.." -_- i dont know doesnt sound like one of those things that go according to plane.

But yea i thought id share that little story of embarrassment to you guys :D

2. Lol I'm not sure I've ever seen a fat person surfing.

3. well he wasnt like melting ice cream.. more like the frozen state of ice cream, hehe i hope that analogy will suffice. You could definitely see his size restricted him a bit but he wasnt bad, just the timing and lack of thought with my comment made me feel awkward.

4. Yeahwatch what you say to people, I learned that like a week ago. I was surfing some waves but pretty inconsistent and some guy kept dropping in infront of me and falling, making us both miss the wave. He did this a couple times so I said something to him and he freaked out, like went crazy and started screaming, it was awkward but not something to fight about. What I have learned is that surfers, including myself are pretty selfish when it comes to waves so I am trying to chill a little.

5. hah i've seen some bigger guys rip!!

6. Did you rip the wave, man?  I tried surfing once but just kept falling into the fuckin' drink; jet skis though, now those things are fuckin' wicked.

7. I ain't getting fucked by no jet ski bro