Sure To Grow cubes???

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by .HiGhGuY., Jul 8, 2010.

1. Just wondering if anyone here has used sure to grow cubes? Basically they just replace rockwool cubes (starter cubes or bricks). They are made out of PET and are completely PH neutral, steril, and non-wicking. So you wouldn't have to presoak in PH corrected water, and they also hold more air and water, which is always good.

according to wiki PET is:
    Polyethylene terephthalate (sometimes written poly(ethylene terephthalate)), commonly abbreviated PET, PETE, or the obsolete PETP or PET-P), is a thermoplastic polymer resin of the polyester family and is used in synthetic fibers.

Think I'm going to try them out instead of rockwool.

2. Hey now!

I'm going to be using Sure-2-Grow in my next grow in a Bubble Bucket so I'll let ya know.
    I do know that the cubes are on back-order at Discount Hydro ... 14 days.

3. awww $hit...thats where i was going to order them from too. lol. Hopefully one of the local hydro stores will have some in stock. I hate to wait, been trying to get this grow going forever now

but yeah, let me know how they are for sure.

4. I used these for hydro and they worked just fine, that's without pre-soaking.

5. One thing I did try was to cut down some 6" inserts to make a handful of 2x2.
    They worked great.

6. google 77hydro there out of NJ i was there this weeekend and they had BAGGGGGGS full of the HAIL Cubes they had inserts of all types as well as grow starter cubes

7. I decided to go with STG Hail cubes. Was about to order a bag of discount hydro, but checked out the STG website and they are selling the hail only for 1/2 off as a "trial" only get the half off on your first bag.. but still.

I'll post again once i try them out.