suprised

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by rb25s14, Aug 20, 2010.

1. First time grower here. well I planted like 10 seads in one pot last friday and I think most of them were duds but the was one nice one with a beutiful root and now its a tiny little guy... Hopfully more will pop through but this is so exiting. Hopefully its a female. It gets plently of sun on a lake. Any chance of birds trying to steal my little plant. They were definetly pickin at some of the seeds. Again this is just a test before the frost so next season will go abit easier.

2. if you haven't read a lot on this site, you should know that planting more than one plant in a pot is *generally* a no-no. The roots, as they get larger, compete for water and nutrients. plants won't grow to their full potential with another plant in the container and transplanting may become much more difficult later on with the roots invading each other's territory

on another note, I'vef heard that 2 plants in a pot tend to definitely yield one male and one female. never tried it myself, so I have no personal experience with this.

3. No I am quite aware that your not supposed to grow them all in one pot. Its just that I started really late in the season so it doesent make any sense set up multiple plants. im just was sure that this thing was never gonna sprout but it did. :) Like I said before this is just a test but this is gettin fun

4. Being that it's so late in the season and you've got a little guy already going, you should maybe think about trying to veg it all winter and take some cuttings and get them going, that way you could have a much better chance of getting a good crop ready for next season. Even if its a male you could always get the seeds off of it and start all over again.

5. I agree with you on the fact that planting multiple plants in one pot is a no-no, but as far as 2 plants in a pot causing one to be male and one to be female is just not true. Since the ratio for male to female plants is 50/50 it's probably coincidence most of the time that that happens

6. again, just something i heard. I don't believe it either, but it would be an interesting experiment to execute