Supreme court ruling allows for strip search for ANY offense!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Green Wizard, Apr 3, 2012.

1. #1 Green Wizard, Apr 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2012
  2. Haha i live in Canada.

3. this country fucking sucks

4. Supreme court ruling allows for strip search for ANY offense*!

* Before being put in jail

5. I liked your comment, but then realized it will be in canada in a year or 2. :(

6. I think this is one of those points where your need to draw the line. Lets say I'm walking down the road with an eighth and a pipe in my pocket, a cop rolls up and asks me if i have anything on me, I give him the weed and pipe because its not a big deal. So the question is, would the cop legally be able to strip search me then? If so I'd draw the line there, no fucking way is a cop undressing me or touching my ass/junk over a bit of weed. The only way i would ever submit to being undressed by a cop, is if I murdered someone.

7. Unless it was a hot lady cop ^^

8. #9 *guest, Apr 3, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2012

Yeah, exactly.

Every detainee who will be admitted to the general population may be required to undergo a close visual inspection while undressed,”

If you get arrested and put in jail with other inmates, they're going to search you. That's all this is about. They're not saying you're going to be strip searched for running a stop sign.

Did you even read the article, OP? :p

9. "Sir, did you know that you were doing 40 mph in a school zone? DROP YOUR PANTS!"

10. Obviously there's a few that didn't actually pay attention to that part...:rolleyes:

11. Originally when I saw the article I was gonna post about it being no big deal... but I thought I must've misunderstood or misread this because some people are actually outraged........

So many real violations of rights..... and this gets talked about.... smh...

12. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuKNhPelllk]Dead Prez - Police State - YouTube[/ame]

13. This is a good thing for criminals. If you get arrested and they search you and don't find anything but say you have a little bud they didn't find. Once you are processed in the jail if they find the bud then it becomes a felony of smuggling contraband into a jail or some shit like that. It makes something little and dumb into a huge charge that can be worse then the thing that got you in there in the first place.

My buddy did some time for this exact thing. A simple night in the drunk tank turned into a month vacation in LA county.

14. Fucking scum

15. Big deal, they can't strip you naked unless your already under arrest and in jail.

16. The people who are saying its not a big deal are obviously not women. With the police already abusing their power if they end up with a pretty little thing that they haul off the jail you can bet they will strip search her. But that's okay because no one really thinks or cares about the women who would have to undergo this. Imagine how traumatic it would be to a previous rape victim or a victim of molestation. Its just another excuse for the police to abuse their power. Sorry this hits hard for me, my best friend was requiered to strip for a traffic violation (her licence was expired so they took her to jail wtf?) And I got the phone call of her crying because of it, this just allows them to Do it legally. Wonderful...

17. [quote name='"SniperKitty"']The people who are saying its not a big deal are obviously not women. With the police already abusing their power if they end up with a pretty little thing that they haul off the jail you can bet they will strip search her. But that's okay because no one really thinks or cares about the women who would have to undergo this. Imagine how traumatic it would be to a previous rape victim or a victim of molestation. Its just another excuse for the police to abuse their power. Sorry this hits hard for me, my best friend was requiered to strip for a traffic violation (her licence was expired so they took her to jail wtf?) And I got the phone call of her crying because of it, this just allows them to Do it legally. Wonderful...[/quote]

Female officers strip women and male officers strip men.

18. That's the law, that they tent to break regardless. And even if it's women stripping women I don't think you even begin to realize the extent of humiliation these female officers give to the women they strip. The female power over another female makes for a terrible situation.

19. I don't like it that they can do it even if they have no reason to believe you would have contraband. Asshole cops are just going to use it to harass people going to jail and this gives them the legal excuse to do it. Oh, you have a bad attitude? STRIP SEARCH!!! Oh, I don't like the way you look? STRIP SEARCH!!! Oh, you're obviously a drug infested scumbag? STRIP SEARCH!!! I could see it easily turning into a "you better act good or they'll strip search you" type of deal, which is just sickening.