Supreme Court Rules That Police Need Warrant To Search Cell Phones

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Ganja ☤, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Oh?

I don't see cops really asking for a warrant while your handcuffed in the other room to a bar rail and they're all looking through your dick picks and u fucking ur girlfriend.

2. what's hilarious is that on May 28th, they set the precedent to henceforth officially interpret the Bill of Rights as Privileges.

So, whether our "privilege" of the 4th amendment even still matters at all, is debatable.

3. #4 led grower 420, Jul 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2014
    They still have those stingray devices so dont think you are safe, the ruling was that if they arrest you and take your phone they cannot search it incident to arrest, this means very little for the average person, they will still be able to search your phone, they can still back up the data on it while you are in jail, misleading title

The only reason they ruled this way at all is because search incident to arrest is very limited, for example you can only search things within immediate reach of the arrestee at time of arrest, and the apps on your smart phone connect to computer servers around the world so if they searched these apps they would violate the search incident to arrest

4. #5 Skylor, Jul 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2014
    U are safer but only a bit more so. Remember NSA is eavesdropping on everything they can, they just can't legally use it to arrest U....now if you just picked up a big stash and are heading back to the crib, ha ha...and some local cop just happens to pull U over for going 15 mph over the limit...even thou U were really going 5 mph under the limit...and that cop finds your big stash, well that arrest is 100% legal. 

how many big arrest have been made just by "pure luck" the last few years, I recall quite a few

I also don't believe in "butt dialing" 911, that was NSA calling 911 for U, IMO