Supreme Court Considers Legality Of Abortion Clinic Buffer Zones -____-

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by ItsReneeYo_, Jan 15, 2014.

1. #61 BlazedGlory, Jan 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2014

Neither have most women. So can they have an opinion? Abortion is a families issue, not just a women's issue. 

People get on pro lifers about being radical, but pro choicers seem to be equally militant :laughing:

That's a strong argument. The point, though, of my post to codswallop is this: men's opinions on abortions are not particularly useful to women. I've never said anything about not wanting men to have an opinion. I have an opinion, but it's not very useful to the discussion because any experience I might have with abortion will be, by default, second-hand and seen through the lens of someone who is not physically, directly affected by the issue at hand. That's what I'm saying, that and only that. Everyone has opinions -- whether or not they are actually useful is another story.

3. #63 wolftigerosebud, Jan 16, 2014

You've just equated my anger at misogyny to fraud and murder. Do you get that?

But like I said, most people, male or female, don't get an abortion. Many do, but most don't. I still think they can have useful things to add to the discussion. 

My main gripe about it is that dudes don't get enough say in whether their kid is born or not. 

No dude, I compared the attitudes of both sides of the argument and found them pretty similar. :laughing: 

You're proving my point about it right now

6. Coming from someone who was adopted, I think it's easier for me to relate to this than anyone who has had experiences with abortions. My mother could have easily had an abortion, but she cared for her accidental "fetus" aka me. I was given to a great family that I love from birth. To me, a religious person, each "fetus" has a soul. Would I be a different person if my birth mother had an abortion? While it is the woman's body, I feel once she is pregnant it's not just hers anymore, but the "fetuses" also. And to the people saying these people always harass the women, that just isn't true. There are bad apples in every bunch and it's unfair to judge a group if people that want to help the mother make the right choice. They usually help with adoptions and helping single mothers raise their childSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. #67 wolftigerosebud, Jan 16, 2014

Dude, it's not your body. Your opinion, and my opinion, are not relevant. Because it is not your body. Simple as that. Doesn't matter if you don't think it's fair!

The attitudes on the "pro-life" side are that abortion doctors deserve to be murdered, and that women going into clinics deserve to be harassed, screamed at, and lied to.

Go ahead and try to find the parts of my posts that support the appropriately analagous positions. Post them when you do, please.

8. Whole blog post here: http://essaalroc.com/2013/04/03/so-you-have-a-penis-then-i-dont-care-about-your-opinion-on-abortion/

9. Its ignorant posts like the ones displayed in this thread that make me love the UK all the more.

We allow the WBC to spew their hatemongering bullshit.

They, on the other hand, were about to shoot the phelps family in their retarded ass-backwards heads. :laughing:

I wish they actually tried to go to the UK.

10. #70 ICGreen, Jan 16, 2014
    You're tossing out an absurd comparison. You were a child. You have an understanding of militia actions. You know what some murders are.

I am usually not long winded, but forgive me. This is simply an IMHO.

You are not a woman. Nor have you been placed in the difficult position of trying to bring forth a life, or deciding that circumstances are not proper for this pregnancy.
    There is definitely peer pressure, bffs, trusted elders, and counseling options. Then there may be some that have never gotten the tools to make a wise decision.
    As always a small group that simply don't give a fuck. Both male and female.

Each instance is personal and every option and tool should be available. Pro-Lifers should be more actively involved in community education. in a positive way. Degradation of Planned Parenthood is factually counterproductive. Any way you cut it, it's a personal choice. That burden is a woman's to make.

Does that mean that the man responsible should have no say? That is for a different discussion, but also weigh this; oftentimes that man wants no part of it as far as support and time is concerned. Perhaps it wasn't even consensual, many factors exist that we, as a society, have no business in dictating. Educate and support are the proper roles.

Knowing that many women miscarriage and being religious, you will reconsider as you grow older and wiser.

When does the fetus develop enough to gain that soul? Perhaps at the point that it has an awareness or consciousness?
    If it is meant for that soul to enter the World, will not God's will be done despite the actions of mere mortals?
    consider this;  :smoke:

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=when-does-consciousness-arise

The Road to Awareness
    But when does the magical journey of consciousness begin? Consciousness requires a sophisticated network of highly interconnected components, nerve cells. Its physical substrate, the thalamo-cortical complex that provides consciousness with its highly elaborate content, begins to be in place between the 24th and 28th week of gestation. Roughly two months later synchrony of the electroencephalographic (EEG) rhythm across both cortical hemispheres signals the onset of global neuronal integration. Thus, many of the circuit elements necessary for consciousness are in place by the third trimester. By this time, preterm infants can survive outside the womb under proper medical care. And as it is so much easier to observe and interact with a preterm baby than with a fetus of the same gestational age in the womb, the fetus is often considered to be like a preterm baby, like an unborn newborn. But this notion disregards the unique uterine environment: suspended in a warm and dark cave, connected to the placenta that pumps blood, nutrients and hormones into its growing body and brain, the fetus is asleep.

11. My absurd comparison was only to highlight the absurdity of my opposition. 

Simply because I am not a woman or have no means of bearing a child. Does not mean that I am incapable of forming  an educated opinion. 

12. This was the only convincing argument I've seen here. Damn.

13. True, as hopefully have I.
    Still our opinions should not interfere with a woman's choice. :smoke:

14. It was only emotional from being grateful for life. :smoke:

15. Agreed. The decision is theirs entirely but I'll be damned if I don't have an opinion on it. 
    I'm not telling anyone they have do as I say, just saying what I think. 

16. .

Educated opinion?
    @[member="codswallop"]

17. I only put it in laymens terms to get it the highest possible amount of recognition. 
    I explained myself further if you bother to read a bit more. 

18. I agree with you in some ways and disagree in others. It does take 2 to make a baby . Whether it be by rape , molestation , consensual. Whatever it may be . But it is the woman's body. You don't have a life growing inside you , if it is your partner , I'm sure if she's a respectable understanding woman , and not just a booty call , she will listen to your reasoning. People complain about abortion , then people complain about birth control , then welfare and food stamps which essentially help a struggling mother pay for what she needs . It's a never ending cycle , it's her vagizzle it's her choice . I don't agree with our soldiers going to war , but the same people,who scream pro life , Are ok with soldiers going to war , they don't worry about people dying from poverty in AMERICA. They choose something their religion tells them is wrong (or their "morals") and harass people.

Do they really think they are making a difference? I doubt it.

19. I laughed...

20. I hope this post doesn't represent what you feel I think is true. 
    It would be inaccurate to say the least.