Supporting my crop?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jayhawkfan257, Jan 9, 2015.

1. What might I be able to purchase on Amazon or something to support the weight of the branches? When I moved it to water it yesterday I noticed the whole plant was slanting to the side from the weight. Thanks!

This photo is older but since it's in its dark period wanted to show a general size

Attached Files:

2. #2 killset, Jan 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2015
    Its bending to the side for light not weight. There's no weight and only tiny bud sites there. Weight will make it bend over, not bend a little and continue to grow straight upwards. How much light are you giving them? Look very far away for CFLs. You would have better luck with smaller lights spread around it instead of just 1 cfl above it. Cfls just don't have the penetration. See how dark it is at the bottom of your plant

3. It's growing towards the wall more because the wall reflects light back at the plant. Rotate your plant once a day, or add more light.

4. u do have a fan blowing on the girls right? they'll flop over in a short time, ya got to start strengthening the stems asap, if they flop over tie um up with a straw or something, put more soil around the base and ur good   

5. I plan on using paracord. As a sorta prepper I have tons of it. Thick won't cut into branches and you can get 100 feet for 4 bucks.

6. I've used bamboo sticks but you could try something like a tomato cage.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. I'm with the idea that there's not enough light. If you want to save on money and heat, you could always get a nice full spectrum LED, but I wouldn't switch while you were in flower... Add a few more lights and watch the bud formation get faster and thicker

Come join the revolution!! Australia needs its medicinal cannabis!

IG: Eden_Australia

8. #8 Thicken Dense, Jan 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2015
    Sometimes I end up using a bit of everything. Bamboo stakes, plant yoyo's, gardening wire... all really cheap on amazon if that's where you shop.

9. #9 Mad_Prophessor, Jan 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2015