Supporting heavy branches?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Salty82, Aug 19, 2017.

1. I have some heavy branches that are in need of some support. I'm thinking about using bamboo stakes and nylon string to help hold some weight . Anyone have any ideas or techniques that they use that might be better?? Please share!

• Like Like x 1
  2. That'd work fine... or buy/make a support net to hold them up..

3. You can't go wrong with bamboo, my friend. I hammered about 5 pieces of bamboo in and around the plant..

Good luck buddy

Sent from Hell using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dave_jam, what do you use along with the bamboo to provide support? String? Also how do you attach it? I've never done this before so I don't want to cause any harm

5. image.jpeg I wrapped mine with trellis secured by 4 poles in a square.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Michiganman, mine are no where near that big. Those are lovely. I put in some small stakes and secured the string to the stake then under the branch then back up to the stake. Seems to help but I don't want to apply too much pressure to the branch (from the string contact point)

7. I try to avoid tying anything to a branch. I just do a wrap around and weave a few long branches through the trellis holes. Holds up good. My stakes are 6' and the plants tower over them so I might throw a trellis over top as well for extra support.

8. also thanks for the compliment

9. Also you can't tell but when the plants were very young I started them with a bamboo stake right next to them in the middle and used small bungee cord to loosely wrap around the main stem for extra support

10. I didn't tie anything directly to the branch, I just went under it and back up to the bamboo stake. Maybe it would be better to run the string like you have yours. I'm not sure but I want to help them without causing any damage or undo stress

11. I made a square pvc frame and than attached slings using string and a t-shirt strips. IMG_4243.JPG IMG_4260.JPG