Support Your Local Blower!

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by KGann, Aug 28, 2011.

1. This is the second piece I have picked up from our local blower, along with four pinch slides. I was looking for something smaller than my straight shot, and less diffusion than the 7/13. Went to my shop, looked at some 12" tubes for couch tokes (own three bubs, just don't do it for me), and ended up asking to see what the blower had put out lately. Settled on this.

12" 5mm
    Triple disk (simple design)
    Fixed stem with natural perc

It did come with a matching 14mm snap-pinch, but it was being cleaned during these pictures.

$110 out the door. I love having a decent collection of blowers around here (for being arguably the most conservative state in the country). I have talked to him twice on the phone, first time abut blowing me a j-hook with a 45 angle. Had hit at the shop the next Sunday for pickup!

Attached Files:

2. Are you in Texas? I'd consider than and mine to be two of the most conservative.
    Nice piece, let's get some milk!

3. sick piece for $110 brah. i would have bought it at that price in a heartbeat.

4. #4 KGann, Aug 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Dallas, Texas yes sir. Where are you my good man? There are quite a few Mid-Western/South-Western states I consider highly conservative, Texas just seems to be the worst across the board.

As soon as my wife gets home, I will get a milk shot for sure. Here's a shot with the pinch.

Attached Files:

5. #5 KGann, Aug 28, 2011
    Exactly. I don't mind paying these prices in an unregulated market for some local work, even if it isn't the quality of the higher echelon.

6. Local glass is the best man! i bought my bubbler at a headshop, and the dude who blew it lives like 2 doors down.

7. yahh I would....but I've moved past grommet bongs (seems to be the only local tubes around here)

8. very nice piece. always good to support your local blower

9. man i have to agree about texas, i live in houston and it sucks. All the china glass in the smokeshops are way overpriced and then the name brands are marked up $200-$300

10. I'm getting a dabber set made this week, gotta support the small guys!

OP for what you paid, thats an awesome deal, and I'd definitely go back to him in the future.

11. I hear ya man. It's hard to support local glass when you don't even support that type of glass. I loves these guys' work. We've had a blower, Kage, around here for sometime dominating the local-slide market. These guys are making much tighter pinch slides (own two Kage pinch-slides, ones decent, ones horrible), and charging the same price, which was already pretty damn low. ($15-$18 depending on size of bowl)

12. even shitty china slides are 30$ down here. The only glass pinch slide at one of my local head shops was $65, and it looked like a stock bowl in any random bong without even a handle.

13. #13 KGann, Aug 28, 2011
    Damn man. We have a pretty competitive circle down here, so our local slides can get pretty cheap. I picked up my first Kage pinch for $9.

14. Heck, there's no blowers around here, not even a head shop. Looks like a great piece.

15. #15 KGann, Aug 28, 2011
    It's nothing to write home about, but for the price, availability, and simplicity, I think I did just fine. As with my natural perc bubbler, the drag on this thing is almost nonexistent. (From my few experiences with natural percs, they always have little to no drag when used without much extra diffusion)

16. anybody know any glass blowers in Michigan?

17. Here's a couple milk shots, first from me, second the wife. I used a little more water in mine, seemed to yield better results. Picked up an oz of some GDP (as seen in jar), so I'll be smoking on that for a while. Not the prettiest batch, but it smokes great, and gives that classic purp high.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_cFNWAoZ2Y[/ame]

And the lady-

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHFoDLNm1dY[/ame]

18. nice milks! i'd probably fill it a little under the 3rd disk so you can use them all as wet diffusers, since they're pretty close together

19. Honestly, it's a bit too small for that much water. I just have to live with the third being only semi-functional to avoid needing a bib with my hit. Faulty design maybe, but it still hits damn well. Thanks for the view, man!

20. true, true, forgot it was only a foot.
    dry diffusers still do more than nothing!