Support Ron Paul and with him his views on The War on Drugs.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by dom, Aug 21, 2011.

1. #1 dom, Aug 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2011
    It is Ron Paul's birthday today so we is running a fundraiser for his campaign for presidency. If you have not heard of him, you should check him out and look at his views on the issues. If you want to support him, then this is a great way! It will help him run his campaign and this fundraiser will give him news coverage so more people may learn about him and his views. This is a man who I believe can bring us perhaps 10 or 15 years worth of work closer to end of Marijuana prohibition instantly if elected. Don't take my word for it, look at his views on every issue!

Ron Paul 2012 Official Campaign WebsiteRon Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee

Ron Paul views.
    http://www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues/

2. I'm donating. How much? like 10 or 15?

3. Any amount that you donate is support that he will greatly appreciate.
    Take action for what you believe!

4. That is the worst article I have ever read...

Ron Paul understands the tax difference between the rich and the poor and wants to try and shrink that tax gap. The rich right now pay about 18% income tax and the middle class pays 30+%.

The author of that article obviously doesn't realize this but WE ARE THE UN. We foot the bill for the UN so if we weren't in the UN there wouldn't be a UN. Plus what has the UN done for us lately that was any good?

I would imagine the Ron Paul administration would give us a more positive image around the world because we would start cleaning up the damage caused by the federal reserve, and stop fighting these pointless wars which just make more people hate us.

More guns in the hands of citizens=less crime. Look at Sweden.

Ron Paul would help our education system by ending the drug war. The money gained by taxing and regulating drugs would be put back into the education system.

I'm atheist so I don't give a fuck about the religion shit. It wouldn't get past the ACLU, or the Supreme court.

Here's the facebook of the chick that wrote this. Summer Ludwig | Facebook

We should all be listening to what she has to say obviously.

Stop posting stupid shit.

5. Complete bullshit these are all "Federal issues" that the government shouldnt have control over in the first place these are issues the states individually need to make decisions on. Just because the government stops paying for all this crap doesnt mean everythings going to go to shit it will get worse before it gets better. less taxes = more income =more money to spend and when people have money to spend the economy grows creating more jobs. the government was never supposed to grow as big as it is today. Your only seeing what the government wants you to see open your eyes and vote for Ron Paul.

6. .....

7. What's the point of posting the person's facebook, is that an attempt to diminish their article?

8. #9 CannabisInCanada, Aug 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2011

Let me begin picking away at this ridiculously spun (and often completely false) commentary:

Let's start with some REALLY IMPORTANT ONES. Ron Paul is known as Dr. No because he does not vote for any spending or tax hikes which he believes are outside of government's rightful (constitutional) authority. The author continually mistakes no votes due to his constitutional principals as votes against specific issues associated with many bills. For example, she blindly mischaracterizes his view on taxes and makes claims that do not make any sense when you consider his philosophy on taxes!

This is spun as if a drastically smaller government (and I mean SMALL) wouldn't reduce the tax burden on everyone! Ron Paul wants to get rid of the income tax (and the IRS) completely.

Even taking every last penny from every individual making more than $10 million per year would only reduce the nation's deficit by 12 percent and the debt by 2 percent

Let me quote the Doctor himself:

I'm gonna continue to bump this thread with my criticism of each of the 10 points the horribly informed author of that article provided. But for now - I've got some bass to record for my album! I'll be back. :smoke:

9. this is gonna be good! :hello:

10. #11 2FootBong, Aug 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    ok... just pointing out one thing. u said that the tax money from weed would go into education. well guess what, ron paul has said multiple times he would abolish the dept of education. i support paul in this, just saying, get ur facts straight. also funny u mention sweden after the massacre there recently lol

11. #12 Kushqt, Aug 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2011
    You mean Norway idiot?

Name-Calling is not allowed here. - KSR

12. Continuing on:

If people were allowed to carry on airplanes (or FOR GOD's SAKE if the PILOTS were able to be armed) the hijacking of a plane would not go down as it supposedly did. The more I pick this woman's arguments apart the more childish she seems to me:

Problem, reaction, solution! ;)

This one seems scaarrryy:

Okay, well first of all, anyone who HAS been paying attention should know that the government has been COMPLETELY irresponsible and even downright evil in regards to their "regulation" of energy oligopolies (some of which probably have more cash on hand than the gov). In 2005 the Bush admin. rammed through an energy bill which exempted the natural gas industries and oil industries from the Clean Air act, Clean Water act, and many other regulations that common folk are still bound by.

Government regulation is not the answer here. There are people who are having to "prove" to unbalanced courts that the 9 natural gas wells dug around their homes are causing their water to light on fire and turn black. An oil spill bigger than the Exxon Valdez occured in Alberta, Canada on the land of the Lubicon Cree Natives and they can do nothing about the rape of their land.

Government regulations are not the answer - we need to hold above ALL ELSE property rights. If you pollute or destroy the river in my back yard you best believe you're gonna clean it up until I'm 100% fucking satisfied or you'll go broke doing it.

13. Can anyone tell me what happens if a few bullets pierce the cabin of a plane at altitude?

14. I'm pretty sure the plane would lose pressure, and some people would pass out do to low amounts of oxygen in the air. It's not too hard for the crew to handle sudden pressure drops. They are trained for it.

In fact, it's worst if the plane is losing a little bit of pressure at a time instead of a huge drop at once.

15. anyone who supports a politician is wasting their time.

my advice is to go out and party .... have lots of sex.... smoke tons of weed.....and make as much money as you can.

16. #17 Keg, Aug 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2011
    It's hard for me to see how someone could be against Ron Paul. Have you heard the man speak? Dr. Ron Paul is an intelligent well spoken politician that doesn't just regurgitate what is "in" to say. As for donating to his campaign, I donated for his money bomb.
    If you support something and if it doesn't hurt your wallet then please send him a few presidents faces, preferably green.

17. everyone gets sucked through the holes.. like in the movies.

18. You are sadly are mistaken. Those politicians that you say are a waste of time to support are the ones that you are supposed to be voting on so that they can make decisions about your country and life. If you do not support them then you can not even think to complain about what they decide since you did not even try to participate.

Ron Paul will make many changes for the better that I believe in and want to see enacted. Therefore I will support him so that he becomes a representative of me and my ideas. That is how the people envisioned the government to work. That is how I intend to use it.

19. What you fail to see is that the department of education is a huge money waste because it is a failure. The state government are much better prepared to provide the people with education and will fill in the gap. The states would make money from taxing marijuana and would allocate part of that into their education programs they start. Just because the government tries to trick the people into believing we can not live without their policies and programs does not mean that it is true. The government has stuck it hands into many thing and ruined it from what it once was, but through propaganda has tried to make us believe that they are the one and only answer. Don't believe them.