Supplemental Lighting For Flower? CFL or Booster Bloom LED?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by ChabaBuds, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Hey all,

So I am 4 weeks from clone into veg and am getting ready to make the switch to 12/12. I'm growing two plants in 5gal pots in a 2'x2'x4' grow tent using a 300w Viparspectra LED light along with 4-6 2700k 23w CFL's. My question is this: as I know the Viparspectra is low in red-spectrum for flower, am I better off purchasing a deep-red bloom booster LED light for supplemental light during flower (pictured) or am I ok using the 4-6 2700k 23w CFL's? I know the 2700k encompasses more of the red spectrum, but wondering: a.) if the 4-6 23w will be enough to assist flower or I need more wattage, and b.) if I would be better off purchasing the booster LED light and using that alone or in conjunction with a few CFL?
    [​IMG]

My setup is as follows (pictured as well):

-1 Gorilla Glue #4 & 1 Skywalker x Grateful Breath
    -2'x2'x4' grow tent
    -300w Viparspectra Reflector Series LED
    -4-6 2700k 23w CFL's
    -Passive Intake with Terrabloom Exhaust pulling 185cfm
    -Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil & nutrient trio
    -2 oscillating fans

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Bump

3. You are right to ditch the cfl for led, just not those bulb types. you would be better off with LED light strips or tubes. Do some side lighting in about 2700K white (warm white) that will boost your overall spectrum with extra red. Check out alibaba aliexpress for tubes and strips.
    I liked this guys project
    New DIY LED light

4. ThNks for the advise man! Any particular tubes or bulbs you like?