Supplemental light

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Heavylevy65, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Looking for a supplemental light that would fit in the middle of my build. I currently have 12 QB120 V2'S powered by three HLG-240h-c2100a.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. This is my build im talking about. 20200410_202342.jpg

3. You should ask @falconfalcon31, he made some builds using Bridgelux strips that I think could fit in that space nicely.

4. Indeed -Future Electronics has the deals on BL strips - I saw they have 20 packs of the 560 mm ones for about 103$ - amazing deal. Your build looks good -but I would move the drivers to the top or better yet put them on a lead and get them off there. Then you'd have room to add the strips in middle and you could put some on sides too. If you keep them 40w or under they don't make much heat and are bright - simple pieces of aluminum can be a heatsink. this is a link to the 1120 mm 35K ones -but from there you should be able to find the others. BXEB-L1120Z-35E4000-C-C3 in Tray by Bridgelux | Light Engines | Future Electronics

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Phenomenal man thanks

6. Two other great lighting guys helped you right there. I thought you were going to put a CMH in the middle?

7. Your skepticism made me look other roughts, the reason i was going for cmh becuase i was getting some free bulbs and figured i talk to the internet before i do anything.
    P.S. the skepticism was a good thing

• Like Like x 1
  8. I actually though it was a great idea with the cmh’s. A good mix of spectrum with the led and cmh, plus you get the UV from cmh. The LEDs that @falconfalcon31 recommended will be great too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. I honestly love mixing HID with LEDs - I need to for most of the year here - or pay for heat.... They're heaters that make light lol.... I run HPS down the middle of my room. Wish I had cmh.....

• Like Like x 2