suport beam...

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by mochenmat, Sep 23, 2012.

1. I got some new hoods Nd my cheap tent can't support the weight of both new hoods so does anyone know where I can get custom parts for tents like two T's and a extra pole to add extra support. I currently have the rope ratchet attached to the outer frame cuz the middle sags wayyy to much as is

2. ...can't you use 2x4's to build a support beam in there?

3. I mean I could, but rather have the same metal poles as the tent is framed with (I see 2x4 getting in the way) plus I'd have to treat the wood for termites nvwhat not wouldn't I?

4. ...my room is built of wood and pandy poly, I've never got into the tent thing, but I do have a grow cabinet also that is 100% wood, that is painted flat white. I can jump on top of it, it is so strong....I just paint it white, works fine.

5. What I ended up doing is screwing 2x4s to the wall studs about 6" from the ceiling..
    Then used 4x4 rail fence which sets on top of the 2x4s....

That way I can slide a rails forward and back to move the lights up and back...
    Then a buddy and I hung off one of them rails (from 2 center hooks), combined weight of a little over 400lbs...

Whole setup was maybe $20......

:wave:

Attached Files:

6. I ended up getting a wood dowel and some PVC T's. So far its fine, but for everyone out there thinking about getting a tent don't waste your time on a cheap one so many things (small) different but make big difference!