Supersize my buds please......pics

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Jonboy, Oct 12, 2008.

1. #1 Jonboy, Oct 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2008
    Fellow farmers,

I'm exactly 3 weeks into 12/12 and my 4 WW females seem to be doing really well. Grown in my shed under 400w HPS, in Biobizz soil with water and Ionic bloom solution every 3 days or so they are currently about 2ft tall. I've just started using molasses (1tsp per gallon) in with the water. They were topped early on and each plant has about 8 decent bud sites on the top of the plant. The lower sets of leaves don't get much light and as a result I dont expect to yeild much below the canopy.

My question is about how to maximise yield. With 5/6 weeks until harvest is there ANYTHING I can do to make sure my colas are as big as possible? My last grow yielded about 1.5oz per plant and this time I'd love for it to be over 2oz. I see these wonderfully huge buds on this site and am green with envy......how do you do it? What's the secret....nutes, trimming, lights, magic????

Attached Files:

• w2.jpg
      w2.jpg
      File size:
      242 KB
      Views:
    • w.jpg
      w.jpg
      File size:
      322.1 KB
      Views:
  2. Have you ever thought of adding plants and keeping them smaller for more yield (sog)? One thing you could look into besides more light is Big Bud. Hope this helps.

3. Thanks Arnold, Big Bud was one of the options for my next grow and also SOG is an option aswell in my limited space. But what I could really do with is advice on how to finish this grow, as it's turned out great so far and would be a shame to get to this stage and then not reap it's full potential.:eek:

4. I believe Big Bud should be used week 3 to week 7 depending on strain, so its not to late. You could also get Overdrive to help finish them off. Other than this and adding more light for THIS grow i cant really think of any thing else. Good luck with your grow!

5. Sorry Arnold, misunderstood you, I thought you meant Big Bud the strain, not the nute. I'm not familiar with that one in the UK but I'll go to my hydro shop this week to have a look for it. Thanks pal.

6. No prob. It's made by Advanced Nutrients, mite be easier to look for online if you have a hard time.