Super's Pineapple 600W/RDWC/4x4 Tent

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by superusa, Aug 8, 2011.

1. #1 superusa, Aug 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2011
    Well it has been quite a while since I have posted any of my grows on here so I figure I will start a journal for my current grow. For my personal grow I am still using the same system I was using with my last grow journal (Master Kush). It works great and the link in my sig will show it in better detail.

600W HPS Cooltube
    6" HTG Fan w/6" Carbon Filter
    2x400gph sub pumps (constantly running)
    Airstones are the larger 1.5" diameter from the grow store (2 per bucket)
    4x4x7 tent (Ebay)

This time I am growing "Pineapple" from a reputable local dispensary at the request of a friend. These pics are from today, day 14 (i think) since I put the clones in. 2 got off to a slower start because I accidentally left the clones out in 100* weather direct sunlight for about 6 hours and they were hurting. Made a comeback though, just a little slow start.

Stats (if anybody cares lol):
    ppms/ec: 1030ppm@.7 (~1.45EC)
    Feeding straight lucas
    tap water (~90ppm@.7 )
    ~84* res temp

A couple pics to get it started:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Very nice super! The water temps are alittle on scary side... RDWC is the way to go! Good work so far!

3. Typically high water temps cause people problems but I have gone several grows lime this without issue. It's the reason I use so much pump (800+ gph) because I have noticed that fast moving water effectively prevents the root rot and algae. Plus I don't run any carb boosters or crazy additives so it works great. Honestly I add water/nutes about once every 10 days or so and that's it no stress

4. Great start, those plants look super!

I'm not too familiar with rdwc but aren't they supposed to eliminate the need for airstones?

5. They can yes, and I have run my system without airstones in the buckets before just to confirm it but they always say the more o2 the better and when I built this system i figured a standalone bucket has airstones so each one of mine might as well also. This system has been nothing but stable and great every time I have run it so I don't change it.

6. Well I flipped them over to 12/12. I guess we'll see how the stretch goes.

7. Well still not a whole lot special to look at but here are a few pics.

Day 3 of 12/12:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. No love around these parts huh lol. I have a feeling these things will end up being too big again after the stretch is over.

GC sure is slow these days ...

9. #9 zipper09, Aug 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I'm still with ya! How's the stretch coming along? Everything looks green!

10. Hey man ill be watching, looks good sofar!

are those just ebb n flow fittings u used to come out of the buckets?

11. Starting to stretch decently. I'll get some fresh pics up at lights on.

Indeed standard botanicare ebb & flo fittings, like these:

[​IMG]

12. Here we go. Still no much too look at as far as buds go, they haven't started firing them up yet. But the strech is coming along. Some pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry the pics look kinda bleached... probably should have raised the light before I took them....

13. Well it has been a while since I have done an update. Here we go:

8-26-2011

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. And I figured I better give them a trim:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. You caught my attention :)

I'm Subbed

16. Good timing... they are actually start to look a little interesting now. I'll post some pics up during lights on.

17. Pic update:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. They are looking excellant

:smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke:

19. Thanks. I haven't grown this strain before so I am interested to see what they do. Lately I have been getting right around a pound per run, so I am hoping these do as well. I am keeping an eye over there at your grow. Can't wait to see it once you get it set up.

20. Update:

They are doing just fine, getting really sticky so I try not to touch them. Here are some fresh pics. Sorry they aren't the greatest..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]