Superlearning; I wish I had known about this years ago

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Robdidit, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Music and the Brain

"The power of music to affect memory is quite intriguing. Mozart's music and baroque music, with a 60 beats per minute beat pattern, activate the left and right brain. The simultaneous left and right brain action maximizes learning and retention of information. The information being studied activates the left brain while the music activates the right brain. Also, activities which engage both sides of the brain at the same time, such as playing an instrument or singing, causes the brain to be more capable of processing information."

Here is the best download I could find for 60BPM music

secretplace - slrmdl

Also check out Brain-sync, its actually pretty legit. Searching "Superlearning" doesn't turn out. But if you interested about the subject more search "Music and the Brain" or something of the sort.

I hope this helps a lot of you; it completely turned around my studying skills, but it takes some experimenting to figure out how it works best for you.

2. Yeah man, I've been doing this for at least 7 years now to help me study! I love Mozart and the Baroque, it's all pretty intense.

3. May I recommend from iTunes the 100 Best Baroque album? It's got a great selection of chill and very good music from all walks of early 16th century Europe!

4. How does using both sides of your brain simutaniously improve learning? I don't think I understand properly.

5. ive heard that if you play mozart to a baby when they sleep they will be smarter. I guess this explains why.

6. Each side processes different elements of things, if you can join them you begin analyzing the world in a new way, creating more connections of neuro pathways in the brain thus with more connections it makes re-calling the information easier.

7. does it have to be a 60 bpm song or can i just download some of that baroque music from itunes and be good and get the alpha waves going?.