Superglueing a broken spoon

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by Weezyf94, Nov 30, 2012.

1. I recently broke a 4" simple spoon by dropping it on my hardwood floor. Luckily, it broke very cleanly in two pieces at the middle of the stem. The pieces fit back together perfectly so I decided to use gorilla glue super glue to put it back together. I know that many people believe this is a terrible idea because obviously inhaling vaporized super glue could be detrimental to one's health. However, since it is nowhere near the bowl piece, i dont see a way of the glue heating up at all, especially not enough to cause harmful vapors. My question is, is it safe to smoke out of? The glue is completely dry, and I see no way of anything bad happening. Please correct my if I'm wrong or whatever your opinion is. Thank you for the help I really appreciate it. Also, people have said, well just throw it away and get a new spoon, they're cheap. Well I'm on a tight budget and I'd rather have an eighth in my pocket then spend it on a new pipe that I may not even need.

2. Theres a flame in the bowl.. Its gonna get hot enough to burn it.

3. Yea but the flame itself is a solid 1.5" from the part that is glued. I have a hard time believing that the heat will travel down into the stem and heat up the glue to a high enough temperature to actually cause vaporization. In my experience, I've never had the stem get "hot" or even relatively warm. Now I'm no pipe expert, but I think the superglue should be safe...

4. Suit urself but that heat doesnt magically disappear it gets absorbed into the glass... The glass that is connected to another piece of glass by super glue

5. the actual tempature of smoke thats goes past the glues is actually pretty hot just so u kno, but whatever i'd still use it:smoking:

6. Use JB Weld my man. Non-Toxic and heat resistant.

7. That's what's up I'll check that out. Thanks man