SuperCropping

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Let-it-grow, Dec 28, 2008.

1. what happens when i only super crop the top of the plant by bending it to a 90 degree angle under a node. while tying the bottom branches down to the edge of the pot. cuz thats what i did

2. this should help

from a local dispensary on how to supercropp

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FmXHhKFA5U"]YouTube - Medical Marijuana Cultivation 102: Super Cropping[/ame]

3. #3 Let-it-grow, Dec 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2008
    yeah man i know how to super crop a plant. ive seen this video before im just wondering what will happen when i just bend the top as opposed to all of the branches as typically done. im hoping that the top is enough to bend in order to make the auxins distribute more into the lower branches and create more apial buds.

4. Good video find MW, +rep. Still it seems as if LST/scrog is a better less stressful way to grow and achieves the same result.

5. do any experienced growers know if this will work ?

6. I don't see why it wouldn't. You may not get the full effect, but it would still be more effective than not doing it. I personally prefer LST, but to each their own.

7. do you recommend bending it before or after it shows signs of flowering

8. I wouldn't super crop during flowering.

9. you'll have a high chance of causing hermies doing it in flowering that is how I intentionally got a female to grow a couple sacks to pollinate another for female seeds.

10. even with clones?..you get female seeds if u get a female to turn hermie and pollinate another with it?? i heard that the offspring is often times also hermie as opposed to the presumed feminized

11. well I have never had any of the seeds I have that are feminized by myself ever go hermie when grown properly. SO in my experience I find that to be untrue. Clones might even hermie if you stress them enough.

12. forsure cuz i have two mazar clones so i wasnt too worried about makin it hermie.thats awesome about the seeds tho. so do you have to polinate the same strain with the hermie pollen or can you pollinate a different strain and get good results this way as well?