Supercropping

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by ganjfarmer7, Aug 3, 2012.

1. About 12 days ago I topped my two month old plant and yesterday I super cropped it I was just curious if there are spots that shouldn't be super cropped? Or is every spot that you see two branching out and one in the middle ok cut?

2. yea pretty much ....just dont carried away with it......super cropping isnt cutting tho

3. [quote name='"knowledge_83"']yea pretty much ....just dont carried away with it......super cropping isnt cutting tho[/quote]
    I know it says do it with your hands but I did if with scissors and it worked just fine

4. super cropping is bending the branch down away from center of canopy, bending down to the point the branch begins to crush but not quite snap.. if you used scissors in the process I think you did it wrong.. the benefit of doing this is supposedly the plant sends growth boosting hormones out to repair itself, the main benefit I saw was moving branches down so light could get in better, personally I'm not a fan of super cropping and will never do it again after last year and my stunted gdp..

5. [quote name='"mike trich"']

super cropping is bending the branch down away from center of canopy, bending down to the point the branch begins to crush but not quite snap.. if you used scissors in the process I think you did it wrong.. the benefit of doing this is supposedly the plant sends growth boosting hormones out to repair itself, the main benefit I saw was moving branches down so light could get in better, personally I'm not a fan of super cropping and will never do it again after last year and my stunted gdp..[/quote]

Yea and you want to do all the damage externally which is why when I use my fingers it can strip the plant vertically. This way I know I get a clean cut. After topping it with scissors it doubled in size in 10 days

6. i think you are confused, its ok..

7. [quote name='"mike trich"']i think you are confused, its ok..[/quote]

Haha maybe I am sorry this is my first plant... What's the difference between topping and super cropping?

8. A simple search would answer this.

Topping is removing the top node so that it grows two main cola's.

Supercropping is bending stressing the stalk to induce more growth in the lateral bramching and it will strengthen your stalk.

9. [quote name='"jahithber69"']A simple search would answer this.

Topping is removing the top node so that it grows two main cola's.

Supercropping is bending stressing the stalk to induce more growth in the lateral bramching and it will strengthen your stalk.[/quote]

Gotcha but why the hell does every super cropping video I see show someone cutting the top nodes with scissors.... Unless I'm just retarded

10. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7geT_XQwFc&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]
    This is what I watched

11. he just tops.

12. [quote name='"Wharfrat74"']he just tops.[/quote]

Ohhhhh wow alright haha well then I change my original question to topping it

13. do you get it now? I'm unsubbing if you are all squared away..