supercropping or bending is amazing!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by cocogrow, Dec 1, 2010.

1. i tried it for the first time w/ my ww plant and man i wish i had a cam to post pics, but the difference between the stems that i bent vs. the non-bent ones is amazing, all kinds of new growth comin from each node while the other stem doesnt have nearly as much

i was kinda nervous bendin em b/c it was my first time but as long as you are delicate and know the process you should be fine, it should leave a fat little knot when its all healed and the stem is actually stronger after its all set and done

iam now goin to bend all my plants and use this as my method of training, it increases yield and allows you to control how the plant shapes, high recommended

2. nice bro, get some pics up asap. im planning on doin this on my afghanis. did u go from center of the pot/bucket, to the outside, and then around the rim? thats what ive heard about working pretty well. i was thinking of using that stuff you put around tomato plants, and winding it around that.

3. well i topped it once and bent one top and left the other alone to compare and thats when i seen the difference, i bent some of the other ones w/ the same affect, so i havent really trained them is a organized pattern like you would w/ a chicken wire type grow, just enough for light to hit as much as possible (horizontally growing) it looks like a bush

anyways here how i bent em:

gently roll your fingers on the middle of a stem until u feel some moisture comin out, the stem should never be completely flattened so dont roll too hard, but you should be able to control where you want it to grow, prob. should wait about a month if growing in soil so its strong enough to withstand the damage but not too old where the stems are super hard, and in about a day or 2 (depends on your lights) you should feel a little hard bump or knot and new growth as well, dont know much plant biology but its sopposed to help transfer nutes faster so that explains the new growth, try it!

4. sweet man thanks. ive never heard of rolling the stem i just thought you bent them, but im def gonna try it.

5. yea roll it around first to soften em, at first i did straight bending and damaged a few stems, they recovered nicely though

6. hey man few questions.. did you do it to the top branches and the bottom? and one on each branch? also did you do it while vegging or flowering and if so how long into flowering. ??

7. I've done this by accident while in flowering and its pretty neat. I've noticed the buds on that branch have way more trichs than the others too. Not sure when your supposed to do it though.

8. Im pretty sure the new growth grows faster because you are exposing the lower branches to light. You are moving all those big fan leaves out of the way of all your secondary growth. I to am doing this technique to about 3 of 8 plants of bubba
    Also besides exposing more growth it makes your branches stronger i believe.