Supercrop tip - Bloby method

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by Bloby, Feb 12, 2021.

1. After faffing around with tape I came up with an easier way of pinning down fresh super crops. Using a peice of rubber coated garden wire I bent it into an "S" shape, tighter on the bottom. The top bit is then bent into a kind of hook and put at a right angle to the lower part. This can then be slotted onto the branch to stop it growing straight up. Quick and reusable

I call it the Bloby method :)

Crop1.jpg Crop2.jpg Crop3.jpg Crop4.jpg Crop5.jpg Crop6.jpg

2. That’s pretty clever. I’ll have to try that.

Have you ever tried using toothpicks? I have some posts on IG with #toothpicking as the hash tag.

I’ve been using this method for about two years now, and what I have discovered is that #toothpicking is the LEAST invasive low-stress training technique that I know of. No plant tissue gets damaged with my method… unlike super cropping or topping where the plant has to recover from the beneficial tissue damage that has been done to it.

Don’t get me wrong… I still top my plants, and occasionally I will still supercrop a branch here and there. But for the most part, you can train an entire plant (no matter how large) with only toothpicks.

Here is a very short video explanation about toothpicking....I show my technique and how I approach a plant that needs to be trained. Give it a shot on one or two plants. You’ll have greater control over the shape of the plant.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thats a great idea man! I'll be giving that a go for sure, I bet you get a very evenly spaced canopy with that. Thanks for taking the time to post it, I've added "toothpicking" to the tags

Great looking plants/setup too

If anyone else has any other tips please share :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. I put this short video together a while back on toothpicking. It explains my technique and why it is the best method.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. My jaw just dropped after seeing the tooth picking. I could have used that method for my buds on my previous grow. Perfect for that extra 2” to space them out some. Props to you!