SuperCloset TRINITY 2.0 Grow Journal 1st Attempt

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Red Smile, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Hello, everyone. I am new to Grass City, :wave: I have seen many forums by surfing over the years and I've decided to make this one "home". I'm very excited about joining the community & look forward to meeting some like minded people, and best of all, learn & lust over the greatest gift to mankind, our precious cannabis. So as I learn the sight, and features, I will increase the quality, quantity, etc. of all the information in this journal.
    One note before proceeding, I put in a lot of time and effort into saving for the money to buy my initial set up. I realize with any budget, there are plenty of ways to spend the money. I could have done any number of things with the millions of options available. I could have fabricated & home-made anything i wanted, but it is my personal opinion that time is money, and with that being said, here is the way I decided to spend my budget to meet my goal the quickest. My goal being, a grow room set up that was all quality equipment, something that would last. Something easy to learn & use, but at the same time allow me the options and flexibility to grow on a level as "advanced" as I would ever want. And more importantly, its as clean & streamlined as you could want. I also love the fact of the extra flowering cabinet tall enough for some of my favorite sativa heavy strains. So anyway,

Here's my growroom list :
    Supercloset Trinity 2.0
    CO2 hookups option

Added 24/7 Nutrient Meter
    Added StealthPro R200, Reverse Osmosis filter unit as an option​

I went to nearest hydro store, and purchased the full set of Advanced Nutrients nutes, based off the Sensei part A & B , and added all additional parts to the grand master grower series.

Started by Germinating my beans in a General Hydroponics Rapid Rooter tray, using distilled water. Actually had never used this method of germination before, only the classic paper towel method. They popped so fast, (a few days literally before my closet arrived) I made the mistake of letting them stretch more than i would have liked but i put them in the cloning/chamber 1 of the cabinet. They were fine from there.

I am actually on the third week of the seedling growth stage. The amount the supercloner resevoir holds, as i found on my first fill, is 6 gallons. That will bring level right about to the bottom of the net cups. I used RO water, and 1/4 strength of Voodoo Juice (liquid), and also 1/4 strength of Pirahnna & Tarantula. (powder form). This gave the roots a really nice boost.

This upcoming week will be week 4 and hopefully last week until I will move into the Vegging chamber. I have a few random autofems in for some quick smoke, but main strains for upcoming grow are, Greenhouse: Super Lemon Haze & Bubba Kush, - Barneys: Tangerine Dream, LSD (only had one bean tho). So anyway, thats the summary, hopefully this will help potential supercloset buyers. I am super impressed so far, now we can experience this grow phase together ! Plus I'm beyond tired of seeing and when i have no other choice :( smoking ragweed.
    Pics coming:

Attached Files:

2. #2 RO76, Jun 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2011
    Nice set up!
    But 4 weeks in a seedling stage!!!?....I am not trying to sound like an ass, but truthfully speaking I think you wasting time....1 week in a seedling stage would be more than enough... What were you trying to accomplish by keeping them so tiny for such a long time?
    What is your PH/PPM level?

3. #3 Red Smile, Jun 16, 2011
    Today is the 24th day since the seeds i germinated showed above ground growth (the cotyledons emerged and became visible in the next day or two. So i guess It has been 3 weeks. They stretched on germ. (my fault) but are you suggesting putting them into vegetative state this early? I have always allowed up to 4 weeks from the day the seedling first breaks ground.
    I would love any feedback and any questions are welcome. I am going to try to make this a good journal, and any input from you guys would be more than welcome. Heres a few more pics, taken today. So you can see where they are as of day 24.

Attached Files:

4. My PH always stay 5.7 average. Total range from 5.5 to 6.2.... And in the seedling stage, root development is the first phase, i mix my Advanced nutes trio and just the right amount to make roots grow very fast. The second stage, and indication that they are ready for veggie stage in chamber 2, is the slowing of the roots, and more showing of heavy foilage & above ground growth. Then they are going under a 24/0 light regimen. Any indication of taking a one week old seedling, and then moving from T5's to 400w HPS makes no sense to me, unless optimal quality and yield are not the primary concerns. Thanks for the interest in the journal, and I still welcome any input you may have.

5. I would KILL to be able to afford that damn closet... its like 3 grand with a 700 dollar discount... i envy you hahahahahahah

6. I am not a pro but my journal is the live proof that seedling stage can be only 1 week. I put my plants under 600W MH after the first week, and you can look how big my plants got by day 24 after germination.... Goodluck, ,subscribed.:wave:
    P.S>Link in the signature.

7. Yes I just noticed your journal, and yes I am intrigued, looking good, and maybe i will experiment with shorter cycles, because the supercloner really is a awesome thing. The new ones longer and a better size, before the Trinity 2.0, the actual length and capacity of the supercloner was slightly smaller. So they deliver to the roots so efficient, maybe i could shave a week or so... love to experiment, only way to learn firsthand. (P.S. when i say supercloner, I am referring to the reservoir in the first chamber, with the air pump and split sides, to do clones under a dome on one side, and could start seedlings on the other side if you wish.

8. It would make a total sense to keep the sidling stage longer if you were using clones, but what I have notice from some grow journals that plants from the seeds need less time to grow a good root system and seems like they develop much faster than clones.
    P.S.Try to keep your journal detailed, do not skip the data (temps,RH,PH,amount of nutrients....) it would defiantly make your journal interesting than many.

9. Ok, cool good info and thanks for the suggestions. I will keep the data posted, I'm starting to get a decent feel for the forums, so the more i add/use them, the more organized and beneficial I can hopefully make the journal. I also saved my link to signature like you mentioned. Guess I will see if it works, after i post this, lol. Thanks again :)

10. You can rename the URL to what ever you like, just use "backspace" to delete the URL and then type in the new name.:wave:

11. #12 DizzzyTheBoss, Jun 16, 2011
    I got the same set up, mine stretched too. Im probably a week behind your schedule/time frame. It'll be interesting to compare results. Good luck! How long did it take for you second node to show up?

12. Nice, yea that will be cool to see the results. My second nodes appeared at around the two week to two & a half week mark. I have a few more days and hopefully everything will look right to go into the 2nd chamber. Only thing I'm trying to decide today, is hoping that my reservoir water in my supercloner, will still be viable as it will approach the two week mark. I have added my weakened root mix, and also a few ml of B-52 supplement, not much, and added some fresh RO water. PH seems to be hanging in a good range.

One obeservation I have, it looks like replacing the resvoir on the supercloner which is around 6 gal, would be a pain in the ass while there are still seedlings in there. When my current seedlings move up, I am going to change the resevoir and am going to start some femenized Church from Greenhouse, :D from seed in the supercloner. This should prevent any stretching, because as soon as they break ground they will be under proper lighting. So that will give a complete cycle through this system from seed. Stay tuned & happy growing !

13. I took out the water pump from my flowering chamber and put it in the super cloner cuz I got fed up with scooping it with a pot. I'm going to keep it in there to empty it out and buy another one for the flowering chamber. With out it it's a pain in the ass and a mess.

14. I'm swapping water every week I don't know if you want to keep it in there that long. My last swap started smelling like fungus/mould so I'm weary about keeping it in too long.

How many gallons/liters did you use for the veg chamber?

15. Yea, I thought about using the pump from the big resevoir. Did you just unhook the top hose from the pump, and submerse it into the supercloner resevoir?? That's what I will do, because even though the water seems ok, I don't want to push it. The bigger resvoir (in chambers 2 &3) They hold 60L or 15gal, should be about the right level. Oh, and I have found that since I currently have no plants in chamber 2, I keep the main air filter on the box plugged in. As well as removed the 90 degree elbow that blocks the light between the bottom chamber and chamber 2. I also have the internal fan going in chamber 2, and with the opening minus the elbow, they have been getting really good circulation. I'm deffinitely going to have to use the pump like you said, because I'm guessing around the 22nd they should be close to putting into the 3" net pots, but I need to do a water change deff before then.

16. Temp range (Has been easy to maintain) 73.5 to 78 degrees F
    Humidity stays in the 40-50 range, average of 45 hydrometer reading, I was thinking they needed a little more humidity, but so far the plants are looking very healthy. Any input on the humidity would be nice.

More PH/PPM, info etc. coming.

17. very nice so far Red, can wait to see the progress with this SuperCloset, looking forward to buying one myself this is going to be epic

18. super interested in how this grow goes since some of the past journals involving supercloset products have been short on detail and I have a ton of q's to ask.

Is there a drainage valve for the flower/veg chamber res?
    How do you plan on keeping the res cool?
    Are there holes or slits on the back of the cabinet to utilize a res chiller?
    odorsok, how are they? And do you think an extra fan/carbon filter setup is necessary outside of the closet?

19. Cool Cama !! I'm really gonna try to make this a good one, because I was torn about buying for so long, and really could not find a good solid journal for the Trinity. Here area couple photos from today.

The ladies are all looking good today, and showing alot of new foilage growth to come. I am going to include one picture showing the black elbow divider removed from the opening from the first & second chamber. I can say with certainty when starting with no vegging plants, removing this while running the main air filter on the box, and running the internal circulation fan, really really gave them much better airflow as opposed to leaving the elbow in place.

Here are a couple pics of my girls taken today. Super Lemon Haze femmies have amazed me since first sign of growth. A testament to a truly awesome strain. Tangerine Dreams are looking very lovely today too... I LOVE my sativa, but i also like my night time smoke indies, in this case gonna show two lovely Bubba Kush, directly from Greenhouse.

Deffinitely tell the Haze & Dream from the indie Bubba's... Please note the first picture that shows the removed elbow, very important imo if there are no plants in veggie box yet.

Attached Files: