Supercloset secret society (s.s.s)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by GRbudstar, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Ok here they are. I can’t see a change and one of the leaves is crispy.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. How close/far are your lights?

You can probably safely trim off those crispy leaves if you want - they're yellow & brown enough that they aren't helping with photosynthesis anymore.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I think the lights about 14” away which is the minimum distance per the manufacturer

4. I'd get it up as high as it will go. (Unless that model light can be dimmed?) With the lighting available for growing indoors, the plants can't really handle high intensity from the beginning.

5. Ok thanks. Was worried about stretching. Maybe I put them under the led too early? I followed direction of someone at SuperCloset who said put them under the led as soon as I saw the first root popping out the side of the net cup

6. these are mine that were germ'd went in cubes 8hrs ago..chk the distance..the light is 96v3w..in a day or so 4 will get tp'd to 1/2 gal smarties wit seed strtr mix 1 will go in 3gal res for a wk then go outside.. DSCN0657.JPG DSCN0658.JPG DSCN0659.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  7. You had to be soaking them prior to going in cubes right?

8. no they were germ'd usin papr twl 3 days on top internet receiver DSCN0656.JPG DSCN0655.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  9. Well that’s what I meant lol. Looking good man. Wish I could grow outside

10. Well I went to trim off those bad leaves but they didn’t feel crispy. Can leaves like that recover? If not, it’s likely the increased humidity causing them to soften up.

11. had to go bk and find pic of your rig..ya top feed..figures..tf infamous for causing what you got on bottom leafs..they are in a cone of evap..the lite beating dwn, wtr on top the geo rk..evap collects under there..strip that stuff..don't let lvs touch the deck..

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. btw once the roots touch wtr those drippers become a hinderance..its like wearing a belt AND suspenders

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. You sayin I should have a cap or something covering the cup and not those rocks?

14. no..i'm saying the top feed is not needed when the roots below reach wtr as then they will sustain the plnts..you nd the stones to cvr the cube so its not exposed to the lite so it dries out..you are sufferring info overload..old and nu tech..see it all the time..customer svc don't know shit..get the jorge cervantes MJ Bible and study up

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Agree w doc - the supercloset guys def can't provide *real* help.

If you don't want the Cervantes book? GrowWeedEasy is a website that is a great resource.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Yeah I agree on info overload...lots of people throwing out what works for them...and I don’t know shit so I appreciate the suggestions.

I have seen that book but I was wondering if he goes into hydroponics growing. Also kinda uneasy about ordering it on amazon and having that on record in the net. And it ain’t like I can walk into the local bookstore and get it either

I do reference the grow weed easy website on occasion and they do seem pretty straightforward. I’ll check em out again.

I appreciate the help

• Like Like x 1
  17. actually the book is mainstream now and you could find it at a bookstore..figure you can now buy hydro rig at home depot and lowes..days when we prk'd blks frm hydro store to avoid possibly being noted are over

• Like Like x 1
  18. I don’t know man. Reading on growweedeasy.com that droopiness sure looks like overwatering, which in hydro can mean a problem with the roots or underoxygenating...well yesterday I had to change out the air pump because it quit on me. When I turned on the new pump, I realized that the other one never made bubbles like the new one...I mean this new pump is pumping out some air like I didn’t see with the old one!

I don’t know we will see I guess. Although today it doesn’t look any different after the new pump has been on almost a day.

• Like Like x 1
  19. give it a chance to gather itself..btw jorge goes all into the different forms of hydro and he keeps it updated

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1