Supercloset secret society (s.s.s)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by GRbudstar, Jul 13, 2011.

1. <wipes forehead> no problems at all, false alarm. Found out what had happened was my the pump came unplugged somehow for my undercurrent system. Plugged it back in and came back 4 hours later to happy praying ladies.

So what did I do? Defoiled the fk outta them

They are droopy and sad post-defoil so I'll post pics tomorrow after they praying back up. Just glad the shit earlier was most likely the combination of new nute stress and the pump being off 22 hours!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2. Sechsy trim job there mang

• Like Like x 1
  3. That makes it look like I barely did anything lol.
    Is yield not as badly affected when trimming that much b/c its hydro? I was thinking that having some on there would allow for more energy to be captured allowing the plant to utilize the hydro setup better.

4. #16084 CFTheNatural, Apr 21, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
    I don't think its the Hydro that allows you to do more trimming, its the light. The fan leaves are of no use to us other than to produce energy for the bud sites to grow, its all about getting food to the bud sites. When I grow outdoors I cannot prune as much because the plants are only getting 14 - 15 hours at most of sunlight (less on many days that are overcast & cloudy), the light alone is not enough to "power" the growth of the buds---they also need the input from the fan leaves. In my tent the plants are getting 1200 focused watts of QB light for 18 hours a day every day (plus a warmer temperature and supplemental CO2), that is enough to power the growth of the bud sites and I can take off a lot more fan leaves (which block light to the lower bud sites and siphon energy away from them to keep themselves alive). Bear in mind that every single leaf on a pot plant needs energy to keep it alive, and because there is only so much energy to go around whatever the leaves use is diverted from somewhere else, namely the bud sites. The less fan leaves you have on the plant the more energy is going to the bud sites, much like a pie that is divided up among 4 people instead of 8 people gives each person a larger piece. Powerful indoor lighting provides enough growth energy to the bud sites without any help from the fan leaves, so you can take more of the fan leaves off. Hydro definitely allows for greater & faster growth than soil, but its the lights that allow you to prune your plants more.

• Like Like x 4
  5. had to do some defo for definition 000_8820.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  6. Day 15 Bloom. The lanky one is going to have probably 20+ donkey dik colas. Tons of nodes and lots of light bathing these two. The other one is going to be 8 large, and I left a few other laterals on the 8 mains.

Clones are doing excellent - tons of roots - starting to tangle together in the 4 sites so I need to transplant them to their 5 gal permanent homes in the next day or two. So far it looks as though the clones in Megacrop are actually rooting and thriving more than the clones in Botanicare Kind.... that's super preliminary, but the roots are notably more in quantity and more "hairy" it seems. Jury is still out, continuing to monitor.

Good vibes kids [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  7. Looks like a fair few more than 20 to me my dude - niiiice

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. I've been riding them at about 55-65k lux.... is that too high given they are in week 3 of bloom?

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Nah man you're good - that 65k may be near perfect imo. Essentially you're giving approximately the same number of photons over a day as you were in veg - just more photons at a time over fewer hours.
    Daily light integral - Wikipedia
    Just keep a close eye on the newly forming buds and make sure you aren't seeing early signs of bleaching. Not likely to happen at the lux you're throwing down unless the strain is very sensitive - good to keep notes though so you know what lux levels are safe with your plants.

I've been giving mine 65k lux / ~950 ppfd since flipping. I could probably go up to 1000-1100 ppfd (maybe 70k lux?) as I get down to 12hrs of lights on...

• Like Like x 2
  10. Got around to a light trim we've been meaning to do in the cab - along with the usual routine of playing musical chairs with the plants and doing a solution change. Second flush of pistils starting to come in here at day 45...
    This morning:
    20190423_101549.jpg 20190423_101558.jpg 20190423_101605.jpg 20190423_101610.jpg 20190423_101615.jpg This evening:
    20190423_191839.jpg 20190423_191848.jpg Just enough to give a little extra breathing room between the colas...

• Like Like x 5
  11. changed soup this morn..pulled plnt and screens so cold clean res..roots are in gd shape and clean..only discolored frm the soup..5-6 wks to go..SK's will be ready for tp in two wks..the auto WW germs are not doing well..doubt they'll make it to be tp'd to soil 000_8826.JPG 000_8827.JPG 000_8828.JPG 000_8829.JPG 000_8831.JPG

• Like Like x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. btw not only am i gettin results wit the MC but its very clean..about as clean as H&G nutes..no residue or sludge in the bottom of res..for me 20gals and 2.5scoops= 1700ppms @6.2 ..wtr is 280ppms to strt wit so i let it roll wit that..very little effort

• Like Like x 3
  13. Actually the conversion factor is PPFD x 54 = Lux so 65000 Lux is 1200 PPFD (1300 PPFD is 70k Lux). I am flipping in about a week and I am currently at 1200 PPFD in my tent (with a temp of 82 degrees and relative humidity of 51%), the plants are growing so fast I have to flip them now or when they stretch they will go through the top of my 7 1/2 ft ceiling! My QB's are at the max setting so I cannot get any more intensity, but I am adding a second bag of CO2 for flowering.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Actually actually the conversion factor changes based on the color temperature / spectrum of the light - 54 is the factor at 3000k iirc, but it changes if you're at say 4000k or 2800k...
    I was a little off from what I remembered my setting being at - not 950 - actually 990. (My meter measures both).
    20190402_070626.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  15. Good point, my light is set at 3000k so the conversion factor is 54 but at different spectrums it does change.

• Like Like x 3
  16. My clones are also showing that MegaCrop is the real deal. I have 2 clones in Megacrop, and 3 in Botanicare Kind nutes....

The Megacrop have less sludge, and are praying to the light, and have more roots than the Botanicare so far....

If this trend continues - I'm switching to Megacrop permanently.... super easy to work with and adjust ppms. HUGE time and money saver potentially.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. I loves the Megacrop bro. Its awesome stuff. Your right its very clean and super easy to use. My plants love it.

Sent from my screen to yours!

• Like Like x 4
  18. Is RIU down??

• Like Like x 2
  19. ENGLISH! DO YOU SPEAK IT!

• Funny Funny x 2