Supercloset secret society (s.s.s)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by GRbudstar, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Pretty solid theory. Will be interested to see what it looks like when you get the time to do it out right.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. What’s up sss [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @Dry Sift Box and The Clamshell

• Like Like x 5
  3. Wow man, beautiful GIANT colas!! Nicely done Hunter!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Updates on the runs! 10 days into bloom.

These flower plants are getting exciting. The sativa dom that is screened out is seriously going to be a MFin monster I'm fairly sure. The roots literally take up the whole 8 gal, and the stalk is absolutely enormous.

The other one is stretching hard too, and putting out super tight nodes. I want to do that one 8 mains only, but I don't really know when to STOP culling laterals. I've culled kost but there are probably 4 or 5 near the top. I definitely don't want to inhibit yield. Any advice from you 8-mainlines on how to cull laterals (if at all) at this point?

As for the clones. All 20 got transplanted successfully. Here are 10 of them happily in their new homes. I sprinkled Great White on the roots upon transferring and started 1/8 str nutes last night. The 2x 5gallons I am running Megacrop for the first time, and the 8 gal 4-sites I am running the Botanicare Kind. Will be a nice side-by-side comparison to see what if any difference exists. If Megacrop is as good as its touted, I will switch over - so much fking easier to change nutes!

Thanks all for now. L8r dudez.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  5. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  6. Same! Gonna need to plan to have some space for it, that's for sure!

7. Hey sss I'm 5½ weeks into veg of THC Bomb (big bush in the back) & Kosher Kush (victim of newb experimentation) . This is my first grow I'm looking for feedback if any on how things are coming along. That said I over nuted last week I had been experimenting with supplementing with additional nutes which HAD been going great the previous 2 weeks. Went back to reccomended doses after swapping reservoirs, super closet came with 2 works great for when you newb things up trying to reinvent the wheel and need to do a full flush. The first pics will be from the end of last week when I did my first major defoliation and noticed the nute burn, the last few will be today after minor defoliation. I have been cutting off the larger fan leaves that have been blocking light from lower nodes & hoping to stunt vertical growth of the THC Bomb.
    THC Bomb is almost 11 inches tall at its highest point and I have been attempting to tie down any over achievers. I have a max of 25 inches unless I take the filters out (don't want to but will if need be) and that should get me a few more inches if they double during stretch. I plan on starting flower in the next few days if vertical growth gets any worse.
    I'm unsure if I need to flip now or wait some on the kosher to catch back up some. Feel free to insult me and my newbness just remember I bruise easy [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  8. They look fairly happy to me.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Man I don't get it lol... clones were perfectly fine for a day, no bs. Now last night I noticed a slight smell and the beginnings of foam in all 4 sites, and the roots all have a slight discoloration to them.... not blackness like root rot but seems like the beginnings of it.... the ph had risen to close to 7 in all 4 sites since transplant about 36 hours ago... and I adjusted back to 5.8 in all.

When I transplanted them I had sprinkled a tad bit of Great White on the roots. I'd read quite a bit of positive feedback on using GW from start to finish with other growers who had ongoing issues with root rot in DWC, so I thought I'd give it a go this run. Sprinkled a bit on the roots to immediately colonize them and help lighten the transplant shock - and then the appropriate amount in the res's. Its kinda a dark powder and makes the water dark/cloudy.

Maybe what I am seeing is the bennies colonizing the res as things stabilize... or maybe that's wishful thinking and this is the beginning of a problem. An all too familiar problem . I'll keep an eye on things and if it looks worse this evening I may change water, skip the great white, and stick with what has worked - Hydroguard and Z7...

Not sure why I decided to change it up anyways when I've had a good thing going with HG and Z7. Then again - my current bloom plants went through this same shit twice as well....

Gotta love the DWC fun

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. this morn my seedlings went outdrs for first time in what will eventually be their grw area..alcove is around wk 3-4 flwr usin MC and AFF only..White Widow autos went in germ tray this morn..chk on sun..seedlings will come in nitly till it wrms up more..tricky strting autos outside but they will be in jugs frm the strt..if they germ 000_8812.JPG 000_8814.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  11. #16071 GlipGlop420, Apr 18, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
    Started flower today, how much if any defoliation should I do when lights come back on?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  12. Remove any large fan leaves that are blocking light to lower growth tips - try and clear things out so all tips are getting good light and airflow in between. You can get away with trimming quite a bit - during the stretch it will all grow back and then some!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Megacrop alcove is looking very healthy!

I think autos are kinda tricky no matter where you start them. Maybe that's because the first few weeks are when I tend to have the most trouble...

• Like Like x 2

14. Looking good man.so what do you think about the Mc so far .. notice any issues did you buy the big bag yet

• Like Like x 2
  15. so far very gd..i was given a big bag and i strt'd using it today in the add bk wtr..i hvn't even been ph'ng 3-4 days at a time..that old guy on the label of MC..his name's Leon he on YT Gardening wit Leon..well wrth watchin..his SIP's are inspiring..gonna build some for summer

• Like Like x 2
  16. These are my results.
    Feel like I didn't take took much[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  17. #16077 Canitober, Apr 20, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
    Man I am really worried all of a sudden.... I opened up my flower tent expecting to see healthy praying plants loving life after a full water change to bloom nutes only yesterday......

Nope they were both very droopy, I had a bit of a "fish tank" smell in the res's..... PH was around 6.0 - which prior to the full water change it kept dropping a bit and was fluctuating between 5.5 and 5.8.... ppms dropped from 1100 to 900 in 2 days so they were taking up lots of nutes and needed more....I did not add Hydroguard last night, and only used the recommended dose of Z7.... I was going to add Hydroguard today since I was using tap water last night that had not yet had the chlorine bubbled out of it for 24 hours (which I always try to use bubbled water for waterings)...... I added the Hydroguard when I opened the tent this evening.... I know the droopyness is generally a sign of a lack of oxygen - but I have waterfalls in each res site - a coke can airstone in each site, and 2x coke can airstones in the control res.... water temps are around 74F.... not ideal but never had a problem before.... ppms are currently around 1350 - which anything less than that they were telling me they needed more nutes (light green) - and that has been a solid number for 2 weeks since flip....

Not sure what the fk is up - but I'm really nervous.... no foam - no root discoloration - and it doesn't smell like it did when I had root rot before.... it smells less offensive but still kinda like an aquarium... hard to describe it but different than before...

Are these just adjusting to the new nutes, or was it stress of a full water change? I dimmed the lights a bit to let them recover - but I fear the worst here...

Any ideas?[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

18. Dang , Thats a Mega Bud

• Like Like x 2
  19. Thanks mate

20. This is a bit of a loaded question haha. There are some like myself who strip their girls down bare, and some people who don't remove anything. Really it depends on how you grow. In hydro you don't really need big fat fans, so you can really strip them down if you're brave(crazy) enough. Example:
    1E2F0524-074D-4346-87DD-FD5888B58D19.jpeg
    You can see here that the only place there are really any fans left is near the end of each top.

• Like Like x 1