Supercloset secret society (s.s.s)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by GRbudstar, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Ah - my well water is pretty low tds out of the tap - more buffer than RO but certainly not a lot. I would hope the nutes would buffer a little more though...

2. Counter argument: 96s have better red spectrum with big peaks in 620-30nm “red” (which 288 has) and 660 “deep red” (which 288 doesn’t have) this is obscured when using colortemp alone, due to the yuge blue peak the 96e also has...

We’ll see..

• Like Like x 2
  3. I'll be watching!

4. IMO that's the upside to using TDS or PPM on the meter. EC will at most show a difference of 0.1, even though the device can recognize a difference of 0.02 and show that with TDS.

Of course it is not actually reading TDS, but the higher resolution TDS/PPMs can show is helpful.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Pretty much looking for ways to up my light game is all. I've got pretty decent lights right now, just wondering how I can improve. Question: if that 324 or whatever will only run at 150w, how is it any better than say my 96, which runs at 185?

6. Benefits of 324 would be running cooler and being more efficient on power draw. 150w over 324 diodes vs 180w over 96 diodes - approx 0.5w each vs 2w each - the 2w diode will run hotter for sure. I suppose the more power overall piece is up to the end user if they want to go efficient or go powerful...

Relative to quality of grow and overall light output, there may or may not be any real benefit of a 324 over a 96. @Or_Gro is working on figuring some of that out now in his smackdown grow.

I think you're asking a question we're still working on getting the answer to!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. @Steakbomb I see what you're saying about efficiency there. That board also has some kind of optics feature that looks like it focuses the light pretty well. Have you used/seen that yet? Any idea if it's worth the extra cost?

8. There are so many diodes on those boards I don't think focusing the light would add any significant benefit. If anything, I would hope the plastic over the diodes would help prevent damage if you were to put them face-down on a surface for some reason.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bushing right back up in the cab.
    20190221_083232.jpg 20190221_083246.jpg
    Added another dose of z7 yesterday. It does seem to work better when added separately from the rest of the nutes. I think that will be my plan going forward - mix up the full res and let it churn for a couple hours, then add the z7 in a liter of water.

• Like Like x 5
  10. this is a first for me..outta nowhere snow!! wtf!..plnts are hangin in there 000_8543.JPG 000_8544.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  11. Weather has been shitty here, too, Doc. I feel ya.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Shitty. I hope they make it Doc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. @Steakbomb , boxing up the kind xl1000 for shipment, took these for you:

987A6787-A373-4BC6-80EE-137EFEA243B7.jpeg
    C28418C6-EFC9-4B68-B802-232F331987B9.jpeg
    66DAF475-9180-4CB6-A67C-A444723CCCB4.jpeg

I don’t think lux works well, or maybe low CF w blurples, colortemp under the scale....

• Like Like x 1
  14. I'm about to put one of my Kinds up for sale and replace with a 96 for the flower cabinet, with the intention of doing both when possible. I don't want to go for flower specific wavelengths because no telling what my config will look like in 6 months. You guys have a recommended config for that cab 2x4 footprint that would be compatible with an upgrade path to 4x4, etc.? I feel like I'm flying blind with these blurples to a degree, and want to minimize unknowns when I get to flowering.

15. #15595 Steakbomb, Feb 21, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    LOL!

Lux is near impossible to read with non-white lights. The ppfd pretty clearly shows why tip burning was such an issue with those lights though.

Did you ebay it?

• Like Like x 1
  16. #15596 Steakbomb, Feb 21, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    If you're gonna do the 96s, get two of them and run them on the cooler side - that should do killer in a 2x4 cab.
    Double the lights later - easy peasy

The 96s have been doing very well for full-cycle grows so if that's the goal, that's what I'd go for. @Or_Gro should be able to tell us in another ~3 months whether or not they are superior for flowering over 3000k boards (with extra bells and whistles).

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. No, i’m sending it to a growbud...

• Like Like x 2
  18. The following thread is long and mixed with a lot of bs, but really useful for biilding and using 96elites, there is a companion thread linked in the first post that is very useful too:
    New Quantum board qb96 V2's are out from HLG. Cob replacement fixture-Replacement Thread **BS here**

@Tbone Shuffle also has a thread on these, tbone is an expert on quantum boards and drivers.

• Like Like x 2
  19. #15599 Steakbomb, Feb 22, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
    Informative notification... what did I do this time lol

• Like Like x 1
  20. You used your telepathy to make my fat fingers press the wrong button...thanks, corrected...,

• Funny Funny x 1