Supercloset secret society (s.s.s)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by GRbudstar, Jul 13, 2011.

1. 150”? Child’s play! How’s about near 500”?

876DEF8A-CEB4-458C-96E1-3C53E1A9245B.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  2. I live near Buffalo, NY. That’s a yearly event unfortunately. Had our second snowfall over 24” already as it’s snowing now. I’m not in the lake band, but my buddy just went to hunting camp in it. Lol

Soil2Coco’s Indoor Multi Strain Journal

• Like Like x 3
  3. That scrog is looking great by the way. I would agree with a couple weeks yet. How many times have your pistils flushed?

Soil2Coco’s Indoor Multi Strain Journal

• Like Like x 3
  4. Locals know this...mt hood, timberline lodge road, where the outdoor scenes of the shining were filmed...heeere’s johnny:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. This crop of orange is round 1 - you can see the 2nd round of white ones on them in the pics - a lot fewer than round 1, but the buds continue to plump up so I'm not complaining!

I'm still hoping to see the *Blue* in the Crimea Blue - or at least some purps! Temps have definitely been cool enough at night (64°ish). I think I might see the leaf margins starting to turn... with 2-3wks left now should be the time...

• Like Like x 3
  7. 1 is above ground, other 2 have germinated & will probably be poking thru later today. I dunno if its the Tea soak or just better seeds, but these sprouts look pretty big/vigorous compared to how the Utopia Haze started...

I'll get a pic of the trio when they're all unfurled...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Doing the trimming and scoped some middle colas. A lot more cloudies and some ambers too - setting up my flush now! The less-cloudy ones from the edges should catch up a bit.

Harvest over the 4 day weekend!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Big trim done - you remove so much and there's still so much left! Little bit of light filtering down to the res lids, now - should be getting good penetration.

Drained the res and refilled with pH'd, Hydroguarded water.
    View attachment 2533519 View attachment 2533520 View attachment 2533521 View attachment 2533522
    I figure for over Thanksgiving we'll harvest over Fri-Sun. Take down the tallest 1/3 of the colas the first day, adjust the light a little, repeat the process on day 2, finish up on day 3. Not quite the @UnDo style staggered harvest, but hopefully better than harvesting all at once. Maybe it'll give those peripheral trichs time to cloud up a bit more.

• Like Like x 4
  10. I'm in the same boat bro. Still waiting for my blueberry to turn color. Patience is a bitch. I'm the guy who honks as soon as the light turns green, so you better go or I'll chop your ass down right now! Haa!

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Hey ya'll! Please vote for me in the Mars Hydro contest. Thanks!
    Click Here. E:Info@mars-hydro.com; W::Mars-hdyro.com
    Just scroll down till you see my pics. Thanks again!

12. Is ph up/down a lot better than using lemon juice and stuff for PH? Feels like every day I'm having to adjust my PH

• Like Like x 1
  13. I'm not sure, but I think the up and down are more stabile than lemon juice. Lemon juice would deteriorate quickly, I would think.

14. Baking soda is a great ph up. But just a pinch is all you need.

• Like Like x 1
  15. It usually resets right on back up to 7.something, which is what it comes out the tap at. 80ppm too, out the sink, so it's pretty decent water lol. Just trying to figure if PH down would be better than lemon juice mostly

• Like Like x 1
  16. Fuckin A, it is! But i like a little tabasco, too...

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. My guess is ph down will work better than lemon juice. Get a little bottle and try it out! I think it's phosphoric acid instead of citric.

18. Lemon juice has (natural) sugar and other nutes in it, great for growing all kind of microscopic beasties...

• Like Like x 1
  19. It is not at all unusual to have to adjust your pH daily, I certainly have to for my plants. The plants are constantly removing nutrients and water as they need them, which will affect the pH of the reservoir. I use pH down almost every day in my cabinet, and just bought a new bottle (which will only last about 6 months before I need more). I use pH up very rarely as my tap water is almost 8.0 but I use pH down just about every day.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. #13340 Or_Gro, Nov 19, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
    Even the increased oxygen flow thru a bubbler with decent gph can reduce pH (acidify) water.

I use both daily. I have a bucket in a bubbler (to volatilize chlorine): i pH it when i fill it, bubble it overnite, pH and hydroguard it, top my buckets, adjust their pH and nutes (from another bubbling concentrated nutesoup bucket), top off the water bucket, and start the cycle the again.

I happen to use a little more pH down than pH up, as my tap water starts close to 7.0 (requiring healthy shot of pH down), but using 4-7 gals water a day with dwc buckets typically needing pH up.

pH up/down and a pH/ec/temp meter are required basic tools for hydro success.

I buy both by the gallon, pour into more manageable bottles for daily use, syringe them into buckets...my syringe has had all the markings rubbed off...after doing it daily, pretty soon you don’t need measures to figure out how much to add for a given change in pH...for your water...

• Like Like x 1