Supercloset secret society (s.s.s)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by GRbudstar, Jul 13, 2011.

1. B966CD20-70EA-4EBB-867C-9684977D55CB.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Thanks man, how’s your girl?

3. It’s doing good, not as fast as in hydroponics.
    I was scrolling back and I saw a picture of ure hazes from September 6 and man they have grown a lot , they are monsters now..
    How much u gestimate ure whole tent setup set u back.
    Things are grown NH fast in there.

4. #12387 Or_Gro, Sep 13, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    4x4x9 gorilla tent ~500-600, if you don’t need above 6’ ht, you have plenty of good/better options in the $100-200 range.

Vivosun 6” 440cfm Exhaust fan, filter, ducting $128

Two Timber 48sams ~ $1400 this is another place you can save beaucoup (about half), by diy’ing. I’m told it doesn’t take much expertise and plenty of people here can walk you thru it.

Bluelab guardian pH/ec/temp meter $236, this is top quality meter, you can get by for a lot less.

Various supplemental lights (emerson boards, far red initiator, uva-b) prob about $500 - not required, some could be diy’d to save $s.

I also have a couple titan controllers: Saturn 6 temp/humidity,co2 controller $402, Hades 2 light controller $126 - these make life easier, but are not required.

Titan Co2 auto regulator $50 - this and co2 controller are required (in addition to co2 tank rental) if using co2.

Plus miscellaneous fans, buckets, airstones, air pumps, hose, light ratchets...

A couple pounds of primo weed, and it’s paid for...hoping to do it first grow.

5. #12388 CFTheNatural, Sep 13, 2018
    Over the last few days one of my Strawberry Cough plants has developed beautiful deep purple hues on the larger fan leaves and the buds. Girl Scout Cookies Extreme is known for this coloration but not Strawberry Cough, so I'm not really sure what is going on (none of the other SC plants are showing purple at all). I would suspect some cross pollination, but there is absolutely no sign of hermaphrodites anywhere in the bunch. Some say that when night time temps get down around 60 degrees it can trigger purple coloration, but if so then why just this one plant?? Scratching my head, but its gorgeous stuff so I'm not complaining.......

Purple Leaves 9-13-18.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  6. #12389 Or_Gro, Sep 13, 2018
    Do others have more overhead coverage? nighttime cooling is affected by ir radiation,more radiation leaving plant/ground when nothing above it but sky = colder plant. kinda like frost forming on cold clear night, but not on a cold cloudy night.

• Like Like x 1
  7. No, all of the plants are sitting in a row on the ledge of my outdoor stone planter. Many vegetable & fruit plants behind them in the planter, but nothing above or to the sides at all (so that they can get maximum sun during the day).

8. Is plant at an end?

9. Thanks for the info,
    Not bad pricing for all,better than a super closet
    Now I have to move OUT OF SF which I don’t want to do....just don’t want to deal with the traffic...getting out the city

10. #12393 Or_Gro, Sep 13, 2018
    My old commute over a work week was 1+ workday of driving. Sucked the big one, distance-wise mostly high speed cruising on 280, time-wise bumper-to-bumper getting to/from 280.

Before the tunnel, when devil’s slide washed out, i was doin 4-6hrs/day. Beautiful area, suckass commutes.

11. One of my plants isn't looking super great. 5 days ahead of 8 weeks, what do you guys think? She's got pretty strong burn of some type. Any advice as to whether I should go ahead and chop it, or try to let it make it till the 18th?

Attached Files:

12. Can you post a pic of the whole plant? And maybe another trich pic or two? (Hard to tell with that picture...)

13. No actually it is right in the middle. Like I said I am not complaining as it looks amazing up close, but I have no explanation for why it happened to only this plant.

14. I have lived in the Bay Area since 1986 but never in the city, and I never ever will live there! More one way streets than you can count, parking is a total bitch, crowded and noisy. From my house I can get to downtown SF in less than 25 minutes, that is as close as I need to be.

15. Yeah, hope these help.

Attached Files:

16. I’d start w eliminating: light too close, or thirsty as fuck, or root problem, pH prob, nutrient prob...

• Like Like x 2
  17. The plant right next to it looks completely fine. The leaves look burned, like it's a phosphorous problem, so I'll check the PH and stuff soon and see if that's what it is. Thanks!