Supercloset secret society (s.s.s)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by GRbudstar, Jul 13, 2011.

1. I have come to realize that the biggest advantage of building my own lights is not the cost savings (nice, but for many of us immaterial) but rather the ability to configure them in the best way for my grow tent. It looks like I am basically going to build two 48SAM's that are cut in half (so I guess four of the 24SAMs) utilizing four separate aluminum frames. That way I can put one over each plant and raise/lower & dim/brighten them individually as needed, plus all four plants will be on rolling dollys for further movement. As you said with 4 plants in a 5'x5' there is enough room for me to sleep in there, and I believe that extra space will give me the access & maneuverability I need to configure the plants and lights optimally. Frankly I'm looking forward to the challenge & learning experience, and of course reaping the rewards at the end!

• Like Like x 1
  2. So how are ure outdoor plants looking now

3. Check out post #11949 on page 598.

4. Okay
    Saw those pictures, thought it was one of ure indoor grows.
    Now I know it’s ure outside plants
    Cool

5. Harvesting second c99, 5 mains trimned 3 to go...started early so i can get some other shit done today.

47108766-1793-489D-9FEF-DDB2AFE91752.jpeg 16033431-4D22-4CA9-A063-2636193479A7.jpeg

6. #11986 Or_Gro, Aug 19, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
    Hey man, how’s your girl(s)?

7. E227C74B-90E9-47EC-82F6-597A305B497A.jpeg D8DAEB5C-3AF4-4CA1-9014-DA32B4CEA21E.jpeg 175DA6BB-677E-4715-8210-09F68C29A2F2.jpeg 8995BBC0-7A6C-45E3-AC07-49B5595F60F4.jpeg 2C8C7F9C-D8D3-4F49-9033-8456246E593B.jpeg T
    Here is my girl , would it be a good idea to transplant in a 10 gallon , or since it’s in flowering mode will it hurt it to transplant

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lookin great man! You’re gonna be happy.

What strain, again?

Hopefully doc will chime in on the transplant. I like taking risks, so if it was mine, i’d transplant to 10 gal.

I’ll take some pics the next time i’m over there, my buddy has 4 outdoor mainlined clones of the indoor c99s i’m harvesting yesterday/today. They were transplanted from 5- to 10-gals about a month ago, in foxfarm soil, never added a drop of nutes: about 5’ tall each, sending out laterals at each node, but not a lady part yet. My guess is he’s gonna have to ripen them in a greenhouse.

Keep up the good work!

9. Anytime you transplant you cause some stress, and doing it during flowering will probably stunt growth & bud development some. In my opinion a better solution would be to do what is called "double potting", which means to cut out the bottom of the fabric bag your plant is in and put the whole thing into a 10 gallon bucket/bag with soil at the bottom. Be careful not to disturb the roots when you cut out the bottom of the bag and put it into the larger bag, and water it sparingly for the first week or so to stimulate the roots to spread out. You want ALL of your plant's energy focused on growing buds during flowering, and any shock or stress you put it through (like transplanting) will hinder the process. You could certainly take the chance and transplant because unless you really mess up its not going to kill the plant (just stunt the bud development some), but if it were me I would go for double potting since its safer.

10. That’s what i meant. No need to mess with the roots, just put it in a bigger container that has soli in the bottom, fill in around the sides, and saturate.

We do hella more risky shit changing out nutesoup in hydro, at 12:12 and flush.

But, like i said, i’ll defer to doc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Absolutely no question about it. I'm just saying that even though the risk here is not high in a relative sense, there is just no need to take it.

12. Really? Putting it in a 10-gal is no benefit?

13. The weather here has been crappy the last 7 weeks, dreary & overcast most of the time and the average daytime temp has been 60 degrees (most years it would be in the high 60's, and many more sunny days). The outdoor plants have shown no real sign of stretch since flowering began, and overall vertical growth the last two months has been less than usual. The plants have filled in and as you saw from my pics the buds look nice, but I can tell the growth has been stunted because of the weather. Obviously 60 degree temps will not kill or badly hurt weed, but almost no strain can grow at its optimal pace without the temps being much closer to around 77 degrees. Its been a bit damp here as well and I may need to take the plants in every night to keep the buds dry, problem is finding a lightproof place large enough for them. Traditionally the Bay Area gets an Indian Summer and the warmest & sunniest months of the year are September & October, but by the time it comes I may only have 3-4 weeks left until harvest.

14. the starin is........Amnesia Haze Citrus - feminized

15. yes, im in the same boat , i agree the last seven days its been cloudy, and have not seen any stretch. That is why i was thinking on transplanting my baby into a 10 gallon pot, but like u said might be because of the weather

16. I’d like to have that one.

17. if u were close i would give u the only surviving clone i have.....

18. You’re a good guy, just enjoy it!

19. Vinny bk when i used smart pots i would strt wit 1-2 gal size then tp that to the nxt size up..this was done by simply putting the bg in lrgr bg and fillin soil in around it..no nd to remove bg in fact that would be hurtful..this is one of the big advantages to using grw bgs,,i would tp ultimately to wally bgs that when filled are about 1 cu..the plnts thrive when tp'd like that imo..i stopped using wally bgs cause of the heat out here..they're a little too permeable...the reason why you would want to tp and not use big bg frm the strt is cause wit reg seeds you don't know the sex yet..they shw sign of sex they get tp'd or chopped...its about not wasting resources unless your budget and space are unlimited

20. Indoor Royal gorilla hydro
    [​IMG]

Outdoor grape ape
    [​IMG]

What do you guys think? Any suggestions?

• Like Like x 3