Supercloset secret society (s.s.s)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by GRbudstar, Jul 13, 2011.

1. It'll be really good, but there will be variation in intensity directly under vs between lamps. It won't be significant but its there. Difference between center bucket lux and edge bucket lux in my cabinet is about 2000 at my current setting - about 50k in the center and 48k at same height over edge buckets.

You probably won't strictly need wheels but they could be useful.

If you are using the ez-stor buckets w/ regular lids they may be more helpful - those lids pretty much stay on, but have a hinged flap for part of the lid so if you want to spin plants you'll only be able to spin the net cups. (The white current culrure lids can be installed forward or backward so you can lift and reseat lids as needed).

This may be another case where tinkering once in production will be the best bet.

2. Leaves look pretty clawed and dark... in addition to what OG said, I'm gonna guess too much Nitrogen in their soup too - too much P/K and you get burnt tips, too much N and the plant is dark. Can also stunt bud development hence maybe the spread buds.

Also it clearly got too close to hot bulbs w/ a couple colas.

My last grow was 2 strains in 1 res. My ayahuasca purples had similar buds and clawing - was giving enough N for my liberty haze, but too much for the AP. (Still was a killer smoke though!)

• Like Like x 1
  3. #11263 Or_Gro, Jul 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    I will be keeping wheels this time, and my current buckets have same issue (i have a workaround).

I will have to adjust wheels, tho, for bigger and rectangular shape.

If 5” cups give me at least 6 gal in 8gal buckets, i’ll prob go with them and gain another 6-8” leeway over current buckets. Really hoping they work, but i now have complete sets of at least 4, for buckets: 4-, 5-, 6-, 7-, 8-, 13-gal; plus the two ?36’s?

4. I get about 5.5gal in an 8-gal bucket w/ the 5" cups. 6gal per bucket went about 1/8" above the net cup line.

Might be a little less with the stock lid as the platform you'll drill thru will be recessed into the bucket a little bit. I'd guess 5 gallons. My plants are using about 1gal per day each so 5 would work pretty well for me.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Prob go with 8s this time, then...heading toward 30” more useable headspace - excellent for heavy sativa-doms this next grow.

6. Honestly with the 8gals and the QBs I think I could get away with heavy sativas in my cabinet.

• Like Like x 1
  7. #11267 Or_Gro, Jul 13, 2018
    Excellent!!!

Like your little ones?

This one appears to be heading to ginormosity.

E5CA339B-1618-4499-ACEE-8E2A642CA1AF.jpeg

Now putting on 1+nodes a day.

8. #11269 Or_Gro, Jul 13, 2018
    I haven’t seem it before. Looks cool. I’d like to see some reviews. Once you google it, you find out that they couldn’t have picked a more difficult to google product name. “The juice box rosin press” works.

BB, this may help: Ju1ce Box Rosin press

9. Ya from what I could find on it, I guess it's pretty new. There is some you tube video, but from the company mostly.

10. Look at the link i edited into previous post

• Like Like x 1
  11. My green Qube 150 has a main access door (the big one zipped open in the picture) and then an door on either side (in the picture the one on the right is zipped open, the one on the left is not). So I will not have access into the tent from the back (plus that side will be against a wall) but I could do clearance on 3 sides. I can leave room in the back of the tent (vs having the buckets up against the back wall) but there is no entrance there.

Green Qube 150.jpg

12. Mine similar, if 2 rows of plants (front, back), side clearance for back (L&R) access will be useful, especially w/o wheels.

13. looks prtty cheesey and wildly overpriced imo even if does wrk i doubt it has very long life expectantcy..somethin i expect to see on alibabba..i'm willin to bet it gets dangerously hot

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. You see info on carts and making them, too?
    Buzzer777 may be worth following/reading old posts.

Also, check out that dulytek link

15. What kind of yields?

16. I definitely know about apical dominance (main central stem strongest, tendency for plant to grow in a Xmas tree shape), as you have seen in all my plant pics I train them to not grow in that shape. I don't have a single plant that is growing in the classic Xmas tree shape, because I am training apical dominance out of them for better light penetration & larger bud sites (on an Xmas tree shaped plant the only large buds are at the top center).

This drawing is not blueprint quality but it is drawn to scale, the buckets take up the same amount of space they would in a 5'x5' tent. As discussed things will need to be tweaked in real time as needed, but for a starting point to achieve my grow goals how does this look?

Grow Tent.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  17. It can depend on the strain and the quality of the material (good buds get more than popcorn or trim) but on average its about 20% - 25% so 6-7 grams per ounce. Also depends a lot on technique & equipment, I've seen people who do it "quick & dirty" only get 2-3 grams per ounce.

• Like Like x 1
  18. #11279 Or_Gro, Jul 13, 2018
    Looks fine w/o having seen & hung lights. Afterwards, might change orientation to bring back ones forward, even with sidedoors.

19. Ya I saw him on there to. They started getting off that press, but was giving a lot of other good info for sure.

No I didn't see the thing about making carts. Going back now to look through it some more.