Supercloset secret society (s.s.s)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by GRbudstar, Jul 13, 2011.

1. #11201 Or_Gro, Jul 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    Everclear shatter is pretty straightforward, Pressing is pretty straightforward too if you can afford & operate the press.

Both can then be mixed with p or v glycol for e-vaping. Been a while since i’ve done it, so i’d have to review how to do. I got concerned about vaping chems, so just combust or heat vape now.

2. I have all the co2 components and will be doing it at some point.

Perhaps they don’t go higher, cuz they can’t. I don’t know. (The spydrx was an alternative to Timber, for me.) But you can find lots of info showing at least 1000 ppfd w/o co2 upto 1500 ppfd with co2.

Again, really good info in those tables at bottom of doc.

3. If you guys are concerned about solvents and chemicals in your concentrates, look into rosin pressing and solventless extraction in general.

Quick video that I didn't watch fully - pressing starts at about 5 minutes.

Pressing rosin using heat and pressure is how you squeeze it out.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Yep, if you can afford the press and are able to operate it, it’s pretty straightforward.

Can even start off with a curling iron.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. But QWET has got to be one of the cheapest, easiest, & cleanest ways, especially if you use trim.

Here’s one example w/ pics. No need to decarb if you’re not eating it. You can also just use your freezer if you don’t want to mess with dry ice.

Making Shatter from Cannabis using QWET process

6. Oh I certainly agree that there's cheaper ways about it. I just saw someone mention chems earlier, and wanted to make sure to mention pressing rosin. I have a Slug .33 that I use to squeeze my rosin out, you can see it/them on slug33.com(mine is the original, only holds a gram at a time), so buying a $300 press isn't the only way to get some for sure! :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Shit, I was just reading something and it reminded me of a thought I had had today at work. I know someone is running a UV-B bulb in their shit other than Headhunterpipes, and they'd said something about it just being a shitty one and not pushing much. I was thinking if anyone had tried to DIY a tanning booth bulb or two to a flourescent ballast and mount it to the wall or something to push some UV-B rays on the plant from multiple sides?

8. I think steak mentioned one of his buds has a press.

• Like Like x 1
  9. #11209 Or_Gro, Jul 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    I have agromax 20” t5 uvb bulbs, done it, works but don’t push the time too long. You can also use reptile bulbs from petco.

Just hang on yoyos above plants.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Must be nice, shit. If one of my homies had one I'd be like yo...lemme come squeeze some shit and you can keep some of what we squeeze, lol. Also, fuck yeah on the T5 UV-B bulbs. Knew I couldn't be the only one that thought of something like that :D

11. I have uvc too, for powdery mildew. Both are badass shit, protect eyes and skin.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Could always interrupt the line with a boxed light switch, just turn'em off before you go in and when you emerge from the batcave turn them back on.

• Like Like x 1
  13. All you need for uvb is 15 mins/day.

UVC, you pass by hand over plant, exposure of any point should be limited to 10-20 secs, or shrivel. Really, really strong

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Yeah I've watched some YouTube videos making concentrates. Most of them seem pretty basic and easy, but then I worry about getting everything I can out of my plants. Also my plants are grown at a different site so I'd have to transfer a whole plant or least the pieces of the plants to my house and break it all down here and I'm really not set up or able to do that. Hell for now I just like to find a refillable cartridge that would work. I keep getting ones that leak and won't operate correctly.

But I'll quit sidetracking this forum now and let you guys get back to talking lights.

15. Exactly. I will have 1100 ppfd so with CO2 that puts me up to around 1650 ppfd which is ridiculous, I would almost be afraid to smoke what I grew it would be so good! There is a saturation point where you experience diminishing returns and just can't get any higher so I don't know if you will get a 50% increase in ppfd by adding CO2, but whatever you get it will be obscene. It was a great write-up with tons of useful information.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I don't know much more about lights than I do about the duck-billed platypus' reproductive cycle.

17. had a shitty delivery experience today..fedex delivered my bxes across the st to the biz over there..i watched the guy the whole time he nvr even looked for the adress ..i had to go over there and get it on a cart then haul it across the st and up 14 steps..probally about close to 100 lbs..called fedex to complain and got BS..you pay to hv it delivered to frnt dr..want a refund..shit..tlk to the shipper..don't bther us..i was so pissed nuthin i can do i got fucked..hope the contents aren't messed up because without my sig on the inital shipment it can get difficult to claim stuff and get a RMA should it be needed..i know y'all like to receive stuff on the dwn lo imagine if it had been grwng gear..its a jazz drum kit so no biggie..still..fedex is on my shit list 000_7793.JPG 000_7793.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  18. btw since you're going dwn the co2 rathole..i found it way more rouble than it was wrth..of course they didn't hv Co2 bgs bk in the day..i went wit tanks and timers..imo to get it dialed in takes a lot of wrk for inconclusive results..ya all the info looks real rosey but when it is all said and done..uppin the frsh air by doing frequent ventings wrks about as well with less hassel..cost lotta $ to figure it out..hwever $35 to try it is feasible to me before you rush in and spend big $..like i did chasing gpw

19. Yep - dismantled curling iron hacked onto a bench vise. It's basically a cheap version of the nug smasher.

• Like Like x 2
  20. I hear ya, mine’s with usps. I live on rural route. Ups & fedex always deliver to house or business. For pkgs, I have to go searching for usps hiding place, sometimes on neighbors property, sometimes in the bushes somewhere along 1/2 mile lane, once in awhile at my front or side door. Wtf?

Hope you broke out the coconuts and rolled a fatty.

• Like Like x 1