Supercloset secret society (s.s.s)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by GRbudstar, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Yeah, got it. I’m looking at Li-Cor and Apogee.

• Like Like x 1
  2. My micro chiller arrived. Gonna set it up & test run the tent with it in a few hours. Will be interesting to see how ambient temps do with 6gal of water being kept at around 65 or so in there...
    20180616_114948.jpg
    Might pop the Crimea Blue seeds today too. If not today then tomorrow for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nice, let us know how it goes.
    really compact, how noisy is it

• Like Like x 1
  4. I haven't really fired it up yet - at least not with water going thru. The fan does have a speed controller which will run the fan faster/slower depending on how hot the heatsink gets.

5. Edit - can't do my test yet. Realized I don't have enough 1/2" hose to do the run I need to.

Still gonna pop seeds but the test is gonna have to wait for an amazon order to arrive...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lookin forward to seeing both

• Like Like x 1
  7. #10547 Or_Gro, Jun 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2018

C99s: As mentioned earlier, i fucked up 12:12 switch, so i’m calling today end of wk1; pistil balls initiating, major defol today (all fan leaves removed, except 2-3 at tips), mains pulled outward and swirl restarted, bottom laterals pulled inward.

Before Defol:
    42085FA4-01D4-49DE-BF0A-8E1B3F9DD986.jpeg 4F262C8B-7274-42E0-9A3B-6E09CAA9DF1A.jpeg

After Defol:
    3D3767BF-2710-4713-B52B-C44185247BEA.jpeg D3CBAA98-B4AA-491F-AA5A-CE592CA9BE44.jpeg

Notice difference in light penetration.

Will be doing add’l training of interior laterals this week. Expecting more noticeable pistil development by end of week.

5C4211FB-88E3-4785-97A5-0A2B2894E916.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  8. I thought the optimal water temp is about 68 degrees, is 65 a little on the cool side? Better to be a bit too cool than a bit too hot I think, but with a chiller can't you pretty much dial it in exactly where you want it?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yeah definitely can dial it in, and 68 is ideal from what I've read too. My first grow I kept things at 60 - its still fine, just makes things grow a little slower.

Especially in the starter tent, I have no issue with the growth being slowed down - helps me use the space well. I'm also hoping the water at a static cool temperature helps keep the tent's temp down overall.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Cab plants looking good. Seems they like the middle spot better - I might reconfigure the right bucket before the next batch hits the tent and have the cold water return to the bottom instead of waterfalling in.
    20180616_181636.jpg
    Still clawing but they are chewing through nutes pretty quick. TDS down about 70pts this week.

Tomorrow gonna do a 50% soup change, a little bit of defol and tie some side branches down a bit.

• Like Like x 1
  11. my outdr hydro temps hv been 68--72 not bad considering heat radiating off the deck is around 141-150 daily..think one of them may not make it..evrybdy else doing well wit it 000_7710.JPG 000_7708.JPG 000_7709.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  12. i'm thinkin mid july or end of it..this one tomorrow or mon..been absorbed wrkin on the car 000_7711.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  13. Those plants out on the deck look fantastic Doc, really bushy & full. I notice that they are as tall as the top of the railing, and there is a public street right beyond your deck. You are not worried that people passing by can see a bunch of nice pot plants on your deck? From what I can tell in the photo you are on the ground level, so couldn't someone who was ballsy enough jump your railing and take them? Do you bring them inside at night?

Mine are in my backyard with an 8 ft high fence (can't see through it), and I have the gates at either end padlocked. If my rottweiler so much as slightly barks I rush out back to be sure all is OK, and once they reach flowering I will lock them in my garage at night so they cannot be ripped off.

14. actually i'm on the second flr well bk frm the st..and wit line of sight you can't see them..i chk it often to maintain their lo profile..should they peek over the top they get bent bk dwn..they are tall as allowed..i hv a gate dwnstairs that makes lotta noise to move, motion detecctors and i'm always home..i nvr leave while a grw is going..i'll be happy to get this crew in.. around here people don't walk cause of the heat..i'm very alert and i got a bad attitude..are there rippers around.probally frm what i hear so im a constant prescence...rippers don't like that

• Like Like x 1
  15. LOL, don't mess with Doc!!

16. Whacha packin doc?

17. #10559 Steakbomb, Jun 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
    Did my water change - went back to my old partial change style.
    Out: 6gal
    In: 8gal
    In the new batch I dropped the rhizo blast, and upped the base/grow by 25%.
    TDS: 310 -> 360
    These big air stones do a really good job spreading the roots out.
    20180617_132428.jpg
    Also did a defol on each and some lst. Been a while since I've been able to do lst so I fucked up and broke a branch off the left.plant.
    20180617_133419.jpg
    Next weekend's water change I'm gonna take out half again and replace it with bloom soup. Flowering has definitely begun, and in one of botanicare's recipe they recommend using all 3 (base/grow/bloom) during a transition week. Figure I'm doing grow this week, the three next (by doing the 50% change), then do a full dump for bloom nutes in 2 weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Also working on the tent a bit. Chiller loop plumbing is all ready to go. I've also gone for another one of those general hydro air pumps and decided to go for some bigger air stones too - why not?
    20180617_134548.jpg
    Crimea blue seeds have been in cubes for about 12 hours now. Planted 3 - gonna grow these ones for a few weeks then clone the hell out of my favorite one.
    20180617_134612.jpg

• Like Like x 1