Supercloset secret society (s.s.s)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by GRbudstar, Jul 13, 2011.

1. If you mean the cab rig - I'd probably get sued by Current Culture nearly immediately, lol.

The starter res? Eh - its just a rubbermaid bin with holes in it and bubble wrap on it.

2. #10462 Or_Gro, Jun 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    Res... porsche is just a motor & wheels with sheet metal, glass, and plastic wrap on it; diamond is just a polished chunk of carbon.

3. Got it, I thought because of the big stretch you would like to grow them a bit taller (not 5.5 ft of course, that was just showing how much vertical room I could have it I could get a tent that was 9 ft tall). I never grow any of my plants in a Christmas tree shape as that only gives you big buds at the very top center, all of my outdoor plants are topped & LST'd to encourage a bush shape. I wish I could fit two 3'x3' tents in my office but I cannot, so I will have to settle for the 5'x5' and learn to manage the space. The reason I wanted to do 4 plants is so that I could Scrog two of them and Mainline the other two, and compare side by side in real time (not two separate grows) which worked better in my tent space and with the QB lights I plan to get. Given that I am retired and have all day every day to work on them I feel I can handle it, even though it will be my first tent grow. I may not have much experience with DWC or tents but I have grown outdoors for a long time and don't think of myself as a noob (at least in the true sense of the word). I have a lot to learn for sure but that is why I am here, and based on my experience & success with outdoor growing and what I am learning with my SuperBox I feel fairly confident I will do OK with the tent.

4. well ok then..i'm retired too and hydro does take time..scrogs can run away wit you if not careful..the soil scrog in blue buckets is three plnts that were runts now they are outta cntrl..think i gotta do another defo on all again 000_7641.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  5. #10465 Or_Gro, Jun 11, 2018
    I’m not talking about noob, i’m talking about reasonable workload.

If you plan on working more than 2 plants in that space, let alone a side-by-side comparison, get ready for some major wasted effort.

You can do it, i did four 4-gals and three 6-gals in my 2x3s last year.

One thing for sure, you will need access from 2 sides when you set it up in your grow area. Front and back access would be best. Front and side would be more painful; plan on pulling shit out to do any kind of canopy training/defol (at least on back side), probably soup management too depending on method.

If you haven’t done so already, look closely at your tent’s layout (especially doors); cut out a 4x4 piece of cardboard, place it where tent would go; use your imagination..how are you going to do daily, weekly, periodic work?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Got your work CUT out for you

7. i get in the right mood its fun..gotta do it before nxt time i fog so i get max penetration..plus the idea is to grw bud not leaf..lol

• Like Like x 1
  8. #10468 Or_Gro, Jun 11, 2018
    Here’s a fuckup for ya:
    each afternoon i unscrew the one lightbulb i’ve left screwed in (switch is in a bad location, constantly getting flipped by accident, don’t want it going on during lightsoff); today i didn’t get in there until 15 mins after lightsoff, and noticed the c99 lights were still on; i checked the timer, 14 hrs lightson not 12!

No fucking wonder there aren’t any wk 2 pistil balls forming!

This C99 grow is gonna be outta control, late, and potentially huge. Thank god i started swirling them.

9. I agree 110% and I am already thinking about that. The reason that I took the time (1.5 hours) to remeasure and move stuff around in my office to see if I could fit a 5'x5' tent instead of the planned 4'x4' was because I feel I will really need that extra 9 sq ft to have 4 plants! That extra space is not for plants or equipment, its so I can have access on at least two sides. What I have already learned about my SuperBox's small size is that the biggest issue is not lack of room for plant growth, its lack of room to do maintenance & work on the plants. I only have access from one side (the front) and that is difficult (and will get worse as the plants get larger). It can be done, but it takes more time, effort and especially patience. I will do a lot of space planning before setting up my grow tent and I am sure I will be asking you guys more questions, so I apologize in advance! But, if there is one thing I do not mind in this world its hard work, I achieved what I did in my career not because I was super talented or super smart or special in any way but because I worked very very hard. I like a challenge and managing 4 plants to their maximum potential in 25 sq ft will be exactly that, but I'm up for it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Damn that is only 3 plants in those blue buckets! Doc you need to get out the scissors and get to work soon!!

11. We ALL have a story like that! At least you now know why no pistils were forming, but if you had not caught it would the plant have just continued to veg? Does it have to be exactly 12 hours of light (no more or less) to start the flowering stage, what if you had set it to 13 hours by accident?

12. #10472 Or_Gro, Jun 11, 2018
    Think wheels, ?bridge over door lip?, totally individualized growing units.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. #10473 Or_Gro, Jun 11, 2018
    It is flowering more than the std pre-flowers, kinda like outside before 12 hour daylength.

I would have caught it next week if continued w/o pistil balls - by then, woulda done more thorough check of my setup: timer, room lights, other known issues, etc.

Not fatal, just a major inconvenience.

What really pisses me off is that i recognized the problem earlier (see my C99 post this morning), but didn’t follow through on it. Exactly how little shit turns into big problems!

Fuckup, learn, and hopefully remember, i guess.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Getting better by the day - those roots were ready to start fueling good growth...
    20180611_081441.jpg 20180611_081449.jpg
    Little bit of clawing going on maybe, but I'm gonna let them ride this soup as-is until I'm back later this week. They've been stunted so long, I kinda expect them to adjust to it since really, at their current age, they would have been on something a good bit stronger by now. I feel like the incoming growth explosion will let the plants take the current soup no problem in a few days.

• Like Like x 1
  15. clones did allright on first nite outdrs 000_7660.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  16. Nice bushy healthy plant for sure! I do notice a bit of brown/gold color on the lower tips, was that some nute burn that you resolved?

17. its three plnts in one res and its not nute burn more of a def that they are slowly gettin over..by nxt wknd they be in own res's

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. That is a tight space for 3 plants, they will definitely do better once they each have their own res for sure.

Might be a dumb question, but how much difference does it make to have say a 5 gallon bucket vs a 3.5 gallon bucket as your plants reservoir? Obviously space is a serious issue in small to medium tents, does the extra 1.5 gallons of soup (per plant) make a big difference in the growth potential & yield?

19. Yes, look at the difference between post 62 and post 92 on the main-lining thread. Bucket size (4-gal vs 6- & 7-gal) was main growing setup diff. Although not “setup” diff, strains are diff, too.

20. Yeah, BIG difference there. I assumed as much but wanted to verify it, if all you changed was the size of the buckets then its well worth it to use 5 gallon ones in my tent.