Supercloset secret society (s.s.s)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by GRbudstar, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Temp is at about 82.5 now with the upped lighting. Gotta see how it plays out over the rest of the day...

• Like Like x 1
  2. That is a really nice controller, I will have to look into getting one of those when I set up my tent. Do you run co2 in any of your set-ups? I don't know that I would buy the tank system, but you can hang a bag in the tent for about $30 and I have read they work pretty well.

3. I brew beer, so i have regs and tanks. have cab set to run co2, but haven’t found need to run yet (really a fine tuning thing, for when everything else is locked down). Got controller for temp and humidity, co2 capability was just in case.

4. I agree 100%, from everything I have read you want to get all your variables completely dialed in before adding co2. But, this is a very inexpensive way to do it in small grow tents and I may eventually give it a try:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Been playing with the light some more - was getting too hot in there now (checked in and we were close to 90°). Gonna let it cool back off a bit, then I'll try dropping the light down a few inches instead.

• Like Like x 1
  6. My guess is you have read all you can find on QBs, so now you’re in earlyadopterville. You’ll figure it out.

• Like Like x 1
  7. dodged a bullet there..that heater would hv killed your shit..you learned a valuable lesson about gear..it fails! always gotta cross chk

• Like Like x 2
  8. Yep - exactly. I figure I can get the PAR I need by keeping the light a bit closer but manage temps by not cranking it.

Temps would be much easier to handle if this were not in a bedroom closet!

• Like Like x 1

9. White Widows: Finished up my week 1 routine. Major defoliation, swapped to flowering nutes ec=2.6.

A57601ED-8A2E-49AF-8AB7-545D05A72472.jpeg
    6DA492FE-D8A8-40E3-AEAD-D0A13103EE57.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Those main cola stems look very thick and very symmetrical, great work. Look up mainlining in the dictionary and you would see a picture of these!

• Like Like x 2
  11. #10211 Or_Gro, May 23, 2018
    Last edited: May 23, 2018
    Thanks.

Yep, but i’m most proud of the flat tops, with only minimal tying (no cage/screen or bending) so far.

I’ve been waiting for the chance to do two plants per unit, but had to do some other experiments first. Pretty frickin happy so far! I’m hoping they produce some massive colas, while i try to maintain equal light on all of them.

• Like Like x 1
  12. So it looks like all of you use separate reservoirs in each of the buckets, as opposed to having a central large reservoir that then has the "soup" pumped to each of the individual buckets (i.e. a recirculating DWC system, see attached diagram). I tried googling it but could not find any real discussion on which method was preferable and the advantages/disadvantages of each. Obviously with individual reservoirs you don't need to worry about pumping water around to a bunch of buckets, but you have to maintain 4-8 reservoirs instead of just one. Can you tell me what system most people use and why? Recirculating DWC system.jpg

13. i do the indv res..6 gals of soup is cheaper to do than a say 20 gal res..ea plnt may hv seperate nute requirements so a seprate res is practical..dealin wit multiple connections of hose and plugs is time consuming should you hv a problem..circ systm only advantage imo is cooling soup in central res..

• Like Like x 1
  14. I built my recirc system for two reasons:
    -I wanted to be able to keep using my chiller for all plants in my cabinet
    -Individual compartments for each plants' roots.
    My rig is basically your picture w/o the control bucket - water feeds out of my left bucket to a pump/chiller, then returns via the right bucket.

I've made too many errors recently to really get to reap the benefits, but the time that I have used it, it was at least better than the giant single supercloset res I had.

15. So I think I have my light dialed in now. Got some good intensity, have it about 16" off the plants, and have my clip fan blowing over it to manage temps. Soup is too warm this morning, so I took out a gallon and put in the ice bottle. Gonna fridge the extra gallon while the ice bottle melts, then put it back. (Only reason I toom the gallon out was to prevent the ice from bringing the water above the bottoms of the net cups).

Thin leaves are getting bigger and the color is improving, but they seem to be cupping more... could I be giving *too much* light?
    20180523_084706.jpg

16. I think you have to give it some time (day or two). I would be more concerned with them clawing (too much nutes) than what they are currently doing cupping-wise.

I find that when they’re happy they reach for the sun. Most mornings when i first check on them they have their leaves up and somewhat cupping like they’re whorshipping the sunrise.

• Like Like x 1
  17. What did you call me? :D

Good point. Like I said, I'm very sensitive to issues this go-around after the last grow. Hopefully that plant puts a root out in the next day which would do a lot to calm me down...

18. Yep, i know. A setback or two, makes you wonder. Not all problens are the grower’s, tho, genetics also plays a big role.

While waiting for roots, i take comfort if they keep producing new nodes. This one looks like it is.

And, when this one has obviously turned around, the current leaves will likely still look sickly, but new ones will show the difference.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. #10219 Steakbomb, May 24, 2018
    Last edited: May 24, 2018
    So I diluted my soup a little more around noon today and landed at 0.52 for EC. While there was certainly some improvement yesterday to today, the improvement over the last 8 hours is pretty impressive. Leaves have probably uncupped 80% of the way, and the interveinal chlorosis is quickly disappearing.
    20180523_204524.jpg
    The bigger one is also looking a little greener and bigger too.

• Like Like x 1
  20. That plant does look a lot better, nice work. My little space heater arrived and I ended up placing it outside the cabinet about 18 inches from the air intake tube. It is now 79 degrees inside the cabinet, should be about perfect for my little plants. Air diffusers arriving by Friday, I will do my first reservoir change (and start 1/3 dose nutrients) and swap out the crappy air stones for them. Still using the water dish with the towel to keep the humidity up, not enough space inside to use a humidifier.

• Like Like x 2