Supercloset secret society (s.s.s)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by GRbudstar, Jul 13, 2011.

1. #10161 Or_Gro, May 19, 2018
    Last edited: May 19, 2018
    I like to make hooks with this (reusable, reshapeable, just plain good): https://shopgrowlife.com/product/growers-edge-soft-garden-plant-tie-5mm-16-ft-20cs

I like to hold hook with this: https://hydrobuilder.com/garden-care-pest-control/trellis-netting-199/grower-s-edge-twist-tie-dispenser-w-cutter-164-ft.html

This kind works well for mainlining outdoors: https://www.walmart.com/ip/eXtreme-...7266&wl11=online&wl12=951322146&wl13=&veh=sem

2. i use that as well but i get my S hooks in japan style store dwn in san diego..they are 2.5'' come in pks of 8 in different brite colors..effortless to wrk with and cheap

• Like Like x 1
  3. 3B897A9E-5C92-487A-8844-D1E892EE0121.jpeg

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Yeah, i have a big collection too, always searching for one that does it all, tho.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I already had the soft-ties and the twist ties, but I bought the landscape stakes as I did not have those (and if I did I might not have broken that main when I was bending it).

The adventure begins---transplanted my two seedlings (Gorilla Glue #4 and Chemdawg) to my cabinet. The upgraded pump & air diffusers arrive late next week, and I will swap those in when I change the reservoir for the first time.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Cover your empty net cups so light doesn’t shine in your res soup, microbes will have a field day.

7. Yeah I know, the neoprene covers arrive today so rather than cover them with foil for 3 hours and then tear it all off I figured it would be all right until then (especially since the roots have not reached the bottom of the net cups yet).

• Like Like x 1
  8. #10169 Or_Gro, May 19, 2018
    Last edited: May 19, 2018
    Has nothing to do with where roots are. Think of your res soup as infection magnet. Some microbe populations can double every 10-20 minutes.

9. Neoprene covers arrived and are installed. Also got my new air pump today so I swapped it out for the old one, quite a nice upgrade in power. Unfortunately one of the air stones is not working properly, it barely bubbles while the other one bubbles like crazy. Not worth getting a new one since my air diffusers will arrive next week, so I rearranged the plants such that both of them sit right over the good air stone (and I will give them extra top feeds to be sure). Awfully glad I bought those new air diffusers!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Got my two on light veg solution today. Running at a TDS of 350 / EC of 0.7. Lights dialed up a bit in intensity and set to 20/4 as well. Few more weeks and we'll get them into the cab.
    20180519_161737.jpg
    Thinking I might start some crimea blue seeds around mid-June, then clone my favorite one like I did with the Utopia hazes. Goal would be take clones in early August for a fall to early winter grow.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Outdoor plants are doing quite well also, I have topped & FIM'd them a lot and they are really getting bushy. I bought some Pyrethrin, mixed up a batch today & sprayed them as a precaution. I have not found any pests on them yet, but when growing outdoors I have found it wise Cage 1.jpg Cage 2.jpg Cage.jpg to stay ahead of it and spray anyway at regular intervals.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. thass exact same problem i had wit those eco's using the long blue air stone...the blue air stones are crap anyway then cpl that with a lame pump..idk if the nu diffusers will wrk well wit that pump

13. #10174 Or_Gro, May 20, 2018
    Last edited: May 20, 2018
    My “lame” pumps haven’t been lame for me; but those blue airsticks, they suck the big one! And, if they have a crack, you’re fucked.

14. Yes, they are obviously crap and the one is barely bubbling at all. I think the upgraded pump will be fine for powering the diffusers Doc, but if not I will get a better one---whatever it takes! One of my friends came by today to check out my new set-up and he loved it, and is going to build one at his house (and I am helping). He is taking my unused water pump off my hands and if I need a stronger air pump I will sell him mine and get one, but I think its going to be OK. Cannot say if it will last long-term like a high-end Pondmaster would, but it should get me through a few grows I would think.

15. well then keep an eye on the air intake filter on the bottom ...it looks like the head of a q-tip and gums up easily..i took it out and the pump ran better ...for awhile

16. So I have had my cabinet running for about 24 hours now, the inside temp started out at 61 degrees and its only 65 degrees now. Most people battle with keeping the heat down in their grow tents/cabinets, but I would like mine to be in the mid-70's and it does not seem to be headed that way. Are the little plants OK at 65 degrees?

17. they'll be just fine

18. got rid of my mars-hydro 192x3w and a chiller to a fellow gardner..was just clutter to me and they needed to go..kept my 48x3w and 96x3w thass all i nd for strts and clones whether hydro or soil..space now clutter free 000_7574.JPG 000_7577.JPG 000_7575.JPG 000_7576.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  19. you'e probally askin where's the fan? i'm experimentin wit not usin one..the added cost of pwr and noise is a concern..at this time i'm usin a/c daily for aprox 4-5hrs daily at the peak heat hrs so i gotta use as little kwh as possible..so far so gd..the clones go outdrs first wk of june