Supercloset secret society (s.s.s)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by GRbudstar, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Put the seedlings on very light veg nutes yesterday. Switching over to botanicare from technaflora for this grow - some of my technaflora nute bottles have had issues (solids, unusual smells, etc) so I want to try something different. The botanicare "kind" nutes are 3-parts like the technaflora stuff.

Added base and grow at 1/6 strength, calmag at 1/3, and then several additives at full veg strength (pure blend tea, silica blast, hydroguard). Also continuing to use mammoth P - since that's essentially just beneficial bacteria, I added a VERY small amount of sweet raw to give them some carbs to feed on.
    [​IMG]

Also been using "real growers recharge" for even more beneficial bacteria. It's made for soil, but I've been mixing about 1/4tsp into 1L of water and pouring into the net cups to innoculate the roots. The cab plants seem to like it quite a bit - some growth that had been looking iffy recovered in the first week of use.

Been giving much less to the seedlings, but they definitely act a bit more vigorously for a few days after they get the shot!

• Like Like x 1
  2. i put my mother plnt outside and under a screen..i'll keep it in veg by using security lite for additional hrs...my cuts hv very tiny rootlets so they're still alive..one 3bog auto made it so far..its a strong one...of 10 orange kush seeds only this one germ'd..a strong canidate though..i dropped some extremely rare sour diesel F2 and i think 5 hv germ'd..they'll go in rr and into the cloner..now that the mom plnt went outdrs i hv space so the cuts can hv their own tank and seedlings their own..just gotta set it up in the morn 000_7088.JPG 000_7086.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  3. indrs is comin along slowly 000_7089.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  4. Clones look like they perked up nicely!

5. Started sugar daddy flush on Friday, switched to plain water yesterday. I was doing some plant inspection after the switch and discovered some scattered nanners on the LibHaze. Decided to go ahead and harvest a few days early rather than get a bunch of seeds. Fortunately it was day 58, and both strains are 60-65 day flower periods - shouldn't have lost too much by going early.
    1517858110649.jpg
    Trimmed most of it up during the super bowl - finished up this morning. Guessing the purp will yield <2oz - the haze colas are pretty big so not sure what to expect from them.
    Drying in the cab now. Got a humidifier running down there, so RH is around 40%. Would like it a little higher to slow the dry, but definitely better than the 25-30% I was seeing before the humidifier was going!

• Like Like x 1
  6. evry thing rooted...so this wk i gotta figure who is going where so they keep the momentum up 000_7094.JPG 000_7095.JPG 000_7099.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  7. frm seed is gd..orange kush and auto 3bog with roots aftr 9 days 000_7097.JPG 000_7098.JPG 000_7099.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  8. the sour diesel were strt'd 5 days aftr the 3bog and Or kush 000_7100.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  9. Meanwhile outdrs mom plnt doing well in light dep veg program 000_7101.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  10. O_O
    1518129408121.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Optic 6 LED. The 6 big bulbs are COBs (3 @ 3000k, 3 @ 5000k) - has a bunch of 5W chips for supplement during flowering. 1518133969801.jpg
    Working on selling the XL750 now. Gonna keep the side LED bars though.

• Like Like x 2
  12. #9793 Or_Gro, Feb 10, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
    Maybe run them side-by-side for a cycle...

You probably saw this: Westcoast cannabis par meter led testing. kind led vs optic led vs california lightworks vs mars hydro vs viparspectra - YouTubeVideos.io

Yes, optic 4 not 6, so i assume 6 is closer to par 1600 under center.

All these tests are w/ 24” distance light from tips, kinda tough in these cabs.

Par is approaching excessive, i would be more interested in heat, wavelength tuning/optimization, timer control, max light cone size & cola damage at minimum light:tip distance.

13. I had seen that, yes. I have had plenty of headroom in each grow thus far (although perhaps could be better about using it) so I don't anticipate any trouble getting 24-26" off. Keep in mind my cab has an extra 6" of height. Also, my new bucket rig shaves a couple inches off the res height too.

I could certainly just use the COBs if need be and no use the bloom boosters until I have this light in a tent with another foot of space. The par test I saw for the 6 had it putting down 1400-1500 in the dead center from 26".

The spectrum manipulation of the kind lamp has been a neat feature, but I don't feel like the really high flexibility has added any significant benefit - some, sure.

• Like Like x 1
  14. #9795 Or_Gro, Feb 10, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
    With every height control measure i have tried, i haven’t been able to get 24” separation during flowering. Yes, i prefer sativa/sativa hybrids, and have 6” less height.

Even if you don’t do side-by-side, i’ll be interested in heat gen, and cola damage.

Looking forward to seeing your results.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Quick shot of the bucket rig in-cab.
    1518275364781.jpg
    Light is about 50" off the res decks here. I could probably get another 6" if I changed the orientation of the ratchet ropes and got a little more creative with the hanging wires.

I'm actually probably gonna run some autos in here before putting my utopia hazes in. They're all growing well but very different phenotypes - I'm considering cloning the best looking one to have three of the same plant in here post-autoflowers... Plus the auto I'm thinking about doing first finishes it's stretch at about 24" so it seems a safe option to test with.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Beautiful setup!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Thank you sir!

Still got to build the screen level for each bucket, but this should be much more optimized for the space than the original reservoir was.

Since the autos are next I'll probably just build the frames for the screens but not wire them up yet - just have them there to support any leaning branches.

• Like Like x 1
  18. That setup should be perfect for autos; and at about 650w hid equiv (@ at least 18hrs/day through harvest) you should get some beautiful colas. Can’t wait to see em grow.

• Like Like x 1
  19. I will say that in the very real chance I cause significant damage with this lamp that I have been looking at quantum boards too - and those are dimmable...

• Like Like x 1