Supercloset secret society (s.s.s)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by GRbudstar, Jul 13, 2011.

1. 8-mainers supercropped & screened. Just getting 50% of the screen each instead of 25%

2. #9442 Or_Gro, Oct 14, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
    Problem i'm learning (at least under my conditions) is unless strain is a short-one (i can guarantee liberty haze isn't) 8-mains at 12" 12/12 stretch way too much, requiring way too much effort to do a good job. AND, at 10" 12/12 they aren't big enough (seems difference between 10" vs 12" plant root systems is at/near critical point).

This will probably be my last 8-main grow; i'd rather produce a couple heavy-yielding but easier to manage 16-main plants or maybe a single 32-main plant per cab/tent. I have plenty of reef, don't want to devote 1-2hrs/day growing great pot that i'll never smoke.

I've already proven that it's possible to get 1lb+ from a 6sq ft cab, and may do it again with these strains. I now just want to grow a smokeable amount of a lot of different strains of high quality dope, with minimal effort.

• Like Like x 1
  3. You manage a lot more plants at once than me, so I can see making it lower maintenance being important. With my two I was doing maybe 5-10min a day taking notes, adjusting water, and tucking branches. Weekend trims / water changes were usually 60-90min, maybe 2hrs when dumping all the water.

The screen will (hopefully) help me manage height. I flipped to 12/12 when my screen was maybe 80% full this time around and that allowed me to spread the first 7-10 days of stretch growth to fill the rest. Hopefully I can keep the haze under control by doing something similar.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I want to get to point in this cab where scroglining becomes mainlining, no tucking and training other than manifold formation; enuff space between plants and colas so i don't need to re-position mains and screw around with anti-pm shit; and sufficient height control that i don't need to fucking either roast or scrog the mains.

Almost there...

• Like Like x 1
  5. i think you have to have more patience with the roots..sometimes they take real long time then boom overnite they show up..now that your stash is built up i'd cruise a bit on all the mainline stuff..you may actually get as much doing less with fewer plnts

• Like Like x 2
  6. Been meaning to bust a particular myth for awhile, especially after noticing my shadow during the recent harvest moon.

Low levels of light, sufficient to enable seeing your feet and obstacles in a dark room, do not adversely affect flowering plants - just like a full moon does not put outdoor plants back into veg.

I have my clone tent door open contiuously to avoid heat buildup, i block direct light from side facing cab and tent containing flowering plants (which have vents open and poorly sealed doors), but indirect light reflects off other sides of clone tent to ceiling then throughout room. No problem!

Point: don't shine a spotlight on your tent/ cab during flowering, but background light is not what it's cracked up to be.

• Like Like x 1
  7. My point exactly...

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Steak, got the chainsaws going yet?

9. Getting ready - still some prep to do. Probably getting started in a couple more hours!

• Like Like x 1
  10. got the cart for the rez this morn ..set it up with soup in morn do tp 000_6799.JPG 000_6793.JPG 000_6792.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  11. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. Someone stole your ganja and left antlers.

Looks like a fifty-pointer and a seventy-five pointer!

• Like Like x 1
  13. About 3/4 of the way through trimming. I think you may have been right when you said I didn't get enough jars.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  14. #9454 Or_Gro, Oct 15, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
    Nuthin like a little pasta to get those fiskars whirling.

Nice haul dude, now you gotta dry and burn it.

Post a couple individ closeups of a few of those little christmas trees, when you get a chance.

Ya happy?

• Like Like x 1
  15. #9455 Steakbomb, Oct 15, 2017
    Done - 4hrs work for 4 people. Wet weight 1660g / 3.66lb.
    [​IMG]

Happy but exhausted. Probably actually going to need two curtain rods.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Some of these things were DENSE. Have them spread out in 3 bins for the night - gonna hang them up tomorrow.
    [​IMG]
    Cleaned out the closet after we finished the trim - got the reservoir initially cleaned up. Still need to give it a real wash. Gave the floor of the cab a wipe down with ammonia and dried it all up. Ready to serve as a dry box for the next few days!

• Like Like x 2
  17. 5-10g dry, that one, 1+ lb overall, should do ya for couple weeks

• Like Like x 2
  18. #9458 Steakbomb, Oct 15, 2017
    Commence drying![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Used 100 clothespins, maybe 20 pieces of plant tie wire, and still had to lay a ton of small ones out on the scrog screen to get them all accounted for.

Suggestions on bubble hash bags? I got two 1-gallon bags of trim in the freezer I'd like to make use of.

• Like Like x 2
  19. So we wound up having a few "bananas" on each plant but it doesn't seem like any significant pollination took place. Only found one single seed during the trim.

After getting that done, I am considering two 16-main plants for the next grow, and doing a good job keeping things cleaned up. I'd rather be trimming 32 large buds than 150+ of varying sizes. So probably manifolding to get the spread, supercropping to fatten them more, and then maybe the screen is more for support...

• Like Like x 1
  20. In other news - the poorly-performing seedlings are back in the reservoirs and still trying to put up 2nd node of true leaves. Based upon yesterday's harvest, there is a really good chance we'll be going with just the two strong ones anyway, but I'm gonna give it a few more days on root juice before making that call.