Supercloset secret society (s.s.s)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by GRbudstar, Jul 13, 2011.

1. #9421 Steakbomb, Oct 12, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    Two of my seedlings - one Ayahuasca Purple and one Liberty Haze - have roots that are now in the water. The other two have not made it through the cup yet, and are notably smaller than the ones that have. Bigger ones are even putting up their second nodes already!

Planning to run the root juice til Saturday or Sunday, so hopefully they make it by then. If they don't make it, though, I think I can make do with two plants... I guess I'm not sure if I should be concerned or patient.

2. Does difference in size track with difference in when they germinated?

3. They all germinated within 24hrs of each other. Size difference looks like a couple days' growth, but then again the bigger ones have tapped into the water more than 24hrs earlier.

Gave them some b1 green spray today - maybe that'll push them along a bit.

The left plant in the cab at the moment took a good 10 days or so to root out, but it was a clone...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Speaking of in-cab - hard to capture how frosty these buds are now!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  5. #9425 Or_Gro, Oct 13, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    Looks like you're gonna have sticky fiskars!!

• Like Like x 2
  6. For sure! Also looking like a little bit of purple is finally coming through now that it's been cold enough.

My buddy who gave me the clones & his wife are coming to have a trim party with us this weekend. He has an oil press as well so we may get to do a nice flavor test by pressing some of the larfy buds.

• Like Like x 3
  7. #9427 Or_Gro, Oct 13, 2017
    The old hair straightener technique...enjoy, you guys did well!

• Like Like x 3
  8. Still no roots through the cups on AP1 and LH1... Leaves are nice and green (although LH1 is curling down a bit)...
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. T minus 24hr!

• Like Like x 1
  10. #9430 Or_Gro, Oct 13, 2017
    One of my previously out of control tent girls. Mains are actually 8-10" taller than seen here, but i have swirled them - pulled the tops down, let them grow out, trained them laterally around in a curve mimicking circular training wire below. Strain is Vortex - name is appropos, eh?
    IMG_8225.JPG
    IMG_8229.JPG
    I bet there are at least 50 potential colas on the flat top of this plant, many budsites receiving light on sides and under top layer. With the penetration of 1200w of led 14" away, i can't wait to see what happens here.

And, there are 3 other plants just like this in the tent.

Did i forget to mention, i love modular scroglined plants on wheels!

• Like Like x 2
  11. me too except i call it ''modular''

• Like Like x 2
  12. Can't wait to taste this modular dope.

13. Thinking the leaf curling may be a sign of overwatering / too much water too early.

Would it make sense to take the net cups out of the reservoirs and just put them under the light but dry for a day maybe? I'm sure the rapid rooters will hold SOME water...

Thinking if I can get them to recover, I have a plan for keeping heights consistent. Since the stunted ones are basically one node behind, I'll just plan to do the first topping when those ones are ready. LH1/AP1 at 6 nodes, LH2/AP2 at 7 - top them all to four.

14. How bout root pics of those 2?

15. On the road for work at the moment. I'll grab a couple when I get home later.

Unless the roots have made it out since 6am, I'll have two root pics and two bare cups.

• Like Like x 1
  16. If the 2 late ones don't have roots sticking out, you moved them to res too soon and could have broken off what little root they had. In future, you might want to hold off on transplanting til you see multiple roots sticking out of plug.

17. That's some good looking stuff. Most impressive. I am jealous that you can grow a dozen plants legally in Massachusetts.

• Like Like x 1
  18. They had roots coming out of the plugs when I moved them - they've just been slow to exit the net cups. Those two were a little shorter when I moved them, and so to keep heights more consistent they have 2 layers of rocks below the plug instead of 1 - maybe that's the issue.

I'm gonna check on them in a bit and if they still haven't started poking yet, I'll probably move those two cups out of the res for a couple days to see what happens.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Alrighty. Still nothing from the "1"s, so I moved them into tupperware containers with a couple laters of hydroton on the bottom so they can root out more easily.

Here are the "2"s roots:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    What's weird is it does look like the 1s are trying to start node 2...
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Arrangement for a few days while I sort this out:
    [​IMG]
    I probably did transplant a bit too early for these two. They had roots, but the 2s had ROOTS. Even if they don't make it I know I can make 2 plants work pretty well, and I learned something in the process so all good!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Hell yeah, two 16- or 32-main plants! If you could spare a few weeks you could make clones, even.

• Like Like x 1