Supercloset secret society (s.s.s)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by GRbudstar, Jul 13, 2011.

1. #9401 Steakbomb, Oct 11, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    I needed to chill my starter reservoirs. I used a 20oz Sprite bottle of frozen water yesterday which brought the temp down maybe 3 degrees in one reservoir. Temps sitting in the mid-to-upper 70s - I think I can do better than getting to the mid-to-low 70s...

I found that 1.5L water bottles fit really nicely in a 3.75" net cup rim, so i glued them together so the bottles don't move around in the res.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Testing now to see how much they bring temps down. If 15oz did 3°, hopefully 45oz will do 9° or more.

• Like Like x 1
  2. If still having probs after that, got an extra pump?

If so rig up a heat pump using all that top watering hose that came with original res.

Set up a curculation loop of hose, with some of hose in a covered bucket/cooler filled with ice.

3. That's a really good idea - I'd need two pumps but it could work.

That said, it took 2 hours for all of the ice to melt and brought temps down to the mid-60s (around 10-12 degrees). Thinking one run with those per day should do the trick - maybe every other day even now that fall temperatures are back again...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tent defol day:

Yesterday:
    IMG_8201.JPG IMG_8202.JPG

Today:
    IMG_8214.JPG
    IMG_8213.JPG

Removed almost all gigantic fan leaves below cola nodes (probably 200-300 8" leaves), will continue to selectively remove fans that block bud sites.

• Like Like x 1
  5. bamboo with a kick

6. #9407 Steakbomb, Oct 11, 2017
    I've seen a number of folks doing a 48hr blackout before harvest... What's the thinking behind that? Less chlorophyll might improve flavor I suppose... Any other benefit?

7. #9408 Or_Gro, Oct 11, 2017
    Got me, sounds like a waste of time.

8. Defol'd 3-week 16-main vortex in cab, then said wtf and did others too.

Yesterday:
    IMG_8203.JPG
    IMG_8206.JPG

Today:
    IMG_8218.JPG
    IMG_8219.JPG

Have i mentioned how much i love having wheels? Spin & trim!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Steak frozen btls will wrk but its not efficient unless your rez is insulated..insulated it will stay under 70 for days with no additional btls needed

• Like Like x 2
  10. #9411 Steakbomb, Oct 11, 2017
    What do you suggest for insulation? I've seen you keep yours in foam coolers but that would probably add some height and that's tough in my short tent...

As a note - been about 4hrs and temps are back up by 5°. Not terrible, but not ideal...

11. So reading up more, it seems to key in on chlorophyll production stopping in the dark. Less chlorophyll supposedly gives a less grassy taste.

My main concern would become humidity at that point - humidity goes up to the high 50% range during darkness (at least the last couple of days) and I'd be concerned about that being the case for too long - especially so close to harvest.

12. The leaves that this marginal crap affects you would be trimming off anyway. And, of the 20 or so plants i've grown over last 6 months, not a single one tastes grassy during/after cure.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Good point. Coupled with the humidity fear I think I'll say fuck it... Planning a Saturday harvest so at most I may just shut the lights down Friday night when they turn off anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  14. i hadn't thought about the ht issues..it would depend how deep the rez is..mine has a one inch space at the bottom of cooler and around sides of res..air space helps big time but does add size

• Like Like x 1
  15. Steak, re: insulation, head over to hd or lowes and check out various insulation boards. Pick one type, cut to size, tape together w/duct tape, and yer goodtogo.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Hoping for some really nice bamboo colas

• Like Like x 1
  17. [​IMG]
    The results are in: this grow yielded 3.5 ounces. I am pleased with the harvest considering it was grown under 150 watt hps. I'll have to raise my goal to a quarter pound.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Kickass man! Nice job!