Supercloset secret society (s.s.s)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by GRbudstar, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Eyelet screws. The have them at most hardware stores - these ones are 1 5/16" ones. I piloted holes with a 1/8" drill bit evenly spaced on the straight pipe pieces.

It just sits in the grooves on the lid - easy to remove if needed. That's why you'll want 1/2" pvc - fits perfectly.

Didn't glue it. The couple times I had to remove it early in the grow (before the plants filled it), having it be easy to disassemble made it easy to take off without injuring the plants. Pushing the pvc into the corner fittings gives a pretty snug fit anyway.

2. The pic is the 6-gal bucket, lid, two bubblers, and tomato cage trellis i use for my mainlines. I put wheels (i showed 3 useful versions) under each bucket to make moving them easy in cab. By using this approach, each plant can be fed independently, and moved in/out/around cab without affecting other plants.

3. 000_6774.JPG hydro seedlings going along but roots on left look snottish still nu root on lhe right looks better..soil seedlings doing very well 000_6771.JPG 000_6772.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  4. wrk'd on inventory..yow! budget buster..to restock all items $176..seperately..nd 6 items in 8 pk but then i get two items i already have...but brings price dwn to $130..lv out the hydroguard, cal-mag, silica blast, and root excelerator that i still have low supplies of..brings it dwn to aprox $70 if i get the player pk on prime 000_6778.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  5. The two plants, just waiting for harvest. The first two pics are the plant in the cabinet and the next two are the plant in the tent. The plant likes the cabinet alot better now that it is in there alone. Then the two clones for the next round in the top of my cabinet. IMG_0004.JPG IMG_0005.JPG IMG_0013.JPG IMG_0014.JPG IMG_0011.JPG IMG_0010.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  6. BB, both look great, and definitely more under control that when 2 were in cab. The cab plant looks like it will yield more than both previous plants, and that cola on the tent plant is friggin beautiful.

Remind me again about what the lights are in cab and tent.

Clones look like they're budding out already.

How long til harvest?

7. Seedlings all showing true leaves. One of the Purps looks stressed or damaged or something - almost like one of the true leaves isn't forming properly. (Still - looks more developed than yesterday so maybe it'll be fine?)... See the one furthest left...
    [​IMG]
    What's a good way to pull these plugs out an check for roots without damaging anything? Thinking I may want to get them into the reservoirs today or tomorrow...

8. Needlenose pliers on a corner of the plug?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Good idea. I keep forgetting these plugs are kinda rubbery. I'll try that this afternoon!

10. The light in the cab is the one that comes with it and in the tent is VIPARSPECTRA 1200W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum for Indoor Plants Veg and Flower.

They are thinking about harvesting the cab plant this weekend. Just waiting to see if it is ready or not.

Ya the clones do look like that. We cut them right before the start of bloom. Then just keep them under that light up top with veg nutes till we open up space in the cab or tent. I think that is why the plant in the cab is looking so good.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Seedlings got upgraded today - roots all around. Got them about 10" from the lights and have maybe 10" more I can raise them.
    [​IMG]

Decided to switch to plain water in the closet tomorrow morning. It might be my imagination, but it seems like the buds have swelled 30% or so since being on the sugar daddy soup...

• Like Like x 1
  12. You're really close, they swell like that at the end. Some people get so excited to harvest, they cut them the week before, and miss out on that last burst.

13. Full flush underway.
    Out: All
    In: 120L pH'd water
    TDS: 850 -> 120
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    We also trimmed a bunch of popcorn buds that showed up under the canopy since the big defol. Gonna dry them for another buzz test (or several... there were actually a fair volume...)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. #9394 Or_Gro, Oct 9, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    I would rigorously test that shit!

• Like Like x 1
  15. I will say that the sugardaddy flush stained the roots way more than anything up til then. They were like a beige / ivory color before that and are more tan / light brown now.

16. waited amazon prime out and the price for the player nute pk i use went dwn $10..ffrm $69 to $59 free shipping..won't get here till nxt wk but i can make it..just run a flush till it gets here nxt wk

• Like Like x 2
  17. Hell yeah man!

You should make a wish list on amazon (or add stuff to your cart then "save for later"). They'll alert you when prices drop on stuff. Might be good to have a nutes wish list so if prices go lower and you may need more soon-ish you could get that benefit!

• Like Like x 1
  18. yup i do that on bth amazon and ebay..sm-90 is bk in a $10 size btl! i prefer sm-90 to hydroguard that used to be aquashield..you will not find the transhipped stuff on amazon only ebay

• Like Like x 1
  19. another gd place to chk is QVC return warehse...got a big humidifer dirt cheap there still wrks after 3 yrs

20. #9400 Or_Gro, Oct 10, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    Jungles update.

Tent, 1200w: Three weeks into 12/12, all four 8-main plants have some/all mains tied horizontal to avoid burning them due to ht limitations. When i have a few hours in next few days i'm gonna do 21-day defol.
    IMG_8201.JPG
    IMG_8202.JPG

Cab, 1000w: 14 days in, 16-main plant (front left) starting to do its big stretch, two 8-main plants will hopefully catch up by next week.
    IMG_8203.JPG
    IMG_8206.JPG

• Like Like x 1